Wanted: Small seat pack

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

Wanted: Small seat pack

Post by Borderer »

Hi there,
I am looking for a small seat pack to fit on my son's bike, as it doesn't have a great deal of clearance.

You can see the problem here:

Cheers
whitestone

Re: Wanted: Small seat pack

Post by whitestone »

What's the wheel to saddle distance? My wife's fairly short so she has similar problems so we might be able to suggest something or what to avoid.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
adrianb

Post by adrianb »

Have a black 13l Alpkit koala available. Well used with scuffs on underside where wheel occasionally rubbed but no tears or rips. Buckles and straps complete. According to Alpkit needs about 18cm seatpost. Yours for entry to HT550 sweepstake. PM if suitable
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

How about one of the BigTop ones?

https://www.bigxtop.com/products/mini-seatpack
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Hello!

Do you not just have a smallish "standard" dry bag that you could mount "sideways"... like 99% of people from 1890 to 1995 did...? Couldn't be cheaper or lighter and no need for a frame/harness to stop it "wagging" like soooo many were at this years WRT :shock:

This works side-ways-on for my younger one just fine as there was no way you could fit one in the modern "length ways" without fouling the rear tyre/wheel.

You need 1 x dry bag and 3 x straps. Two straps round the bag and under each seat rail. Then you need a slightly longer strap that you loop round the seatpost (bottom), pull backwards (so middle of strap is around seatpost and you have two equal length in your hands),pull under the dry bag, over the top of the dry bag, loop round the seatpost (top) and back round on its self to tighten. This holds the dry bag from rocking back and forth. Think of the long strap ac a kind of "C" shape when looking sideways at the bike....

Could save you forking out on something you just don't need?

Here is a picture off the internets to show what I am getting at. The bungy cord in this picture is being used instead of the 3rd longer strap.

Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Gosh, I blinked and missed all these replies :shock:

Thanks Adrian, the Koala sounds very good - I will pm you. Cheers

I must admit I hadn't thought of going 'saddle roll' style - if the Koala doesn't work out then I will try that.

The price of the BigTop ones looks very good, but I am not sure they would be much better than what we have. Will bear them in mind though.

Many thanks all
psling

Post by psling »

How about one of these with the longer bracket if the above ideas don't work?
http://bridgestreet.cc/product/medium-saddlebag/
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.