Any idea?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ben98

Any idea?

Post by Ben98 »

Anyone have any idea how a tubeless tyre (35c) could totally empty itself of air in the space of about 100m with no puncture and no unseating of the tyre? The rim tape is still in tact (has been used tubeless before) and the valve was tight in the rim hole?
I must be honest, I'm very confused.
Dave Barter

Re: Any idea?

Post by Dave Barter »

How do you know it didn't unseat? I've burped mine before and they've seated back perfectly.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Dave Barter wrote:How do you know it didn't unseat? I've burped mine before and they've seated back perfectly.
I'm assuming it didn't because I don't think there was enough air in the tyre to reseat it, it was completely flat. Also, could a burp totally empty the tyre, it went from 50+psi to totally flat?
This is the only explanation I can come up with though, it just doesn't make total sense in my head.
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Schrodingers tyre
. . .or technically Schrodingers air
atk

Post by atk »

Valve core seal failing?
Tape failed?
Tyre seated but a slack fit?

If you've got compass tyres... They do randomly deflate (and just leak air through the sidewalk anyway) if you run them too low.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Ben98 wrote: Also, could a burp totally empty the tyre, it went from 50+psi to totally flat?
I've burped a 3" Dirt Wizard on a Velocity Dually from about 25psi to totally flat - going off a drop-off and it just instantly went out of the front wheel. I went otb and dislocated my shoulder. :-bd