FS: Krampus rolling chases and 29+ bits

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Brothersmith

FS: Krampus rolling chases and 29+ bits

Post by Brothersmith »

Reluctant sale, but Mrs Brothersmith makes me operate a strict one in one out policy and the acquisition of a ti stooge means the Krampus has to go :cry:

Small swamp green Krampus frame and forks. Frame has had light use and been protected with heli-tape so there are very few marks. Its an incredible flexible frame and will run equally happily with 29” or 27.5+ wheels (I have run both set ups on it).

Comes with Rabbit Hole rims laced to Hope hubs and shod with almost new Knard tyres (rubber tabs are still present on front).

The rest of the bike will build up with standard mountain bike parts (73mm threaded BB, 27.2 seatpost and internal headset). If you wish to run a double I have Surly OD chainset for sale separately.

pics here; https://flic.kr/ps/2kemc5

£415 posted SOLD

Surly OD chainset for Krampus – 39/26 chainrings and gives a 53mm chainline to ensure good tyre clearance. You may get away with a standard double but this allows you to run wheel slammed forward in the dropouts for a shorter wheel base. Cranks have been protected with heli-tape and are in good condition with exception of small scuff to top of non-drive side crank arm.

£90 posted

Also for sale 29+ tyres - SOLD
• maxxis chronicle. Tread 8/10, small pinch mark to sidewall (see photo) but does not compromise casing - £25 posted
• Surly Knard 120tpi. Tread 9/10 - £30 posted

ImageKrampus non-drive side by Malc Smith, on Flickr

ImageSurly OD Crankset with 39/26t rings by Malc Smith, on Flickr

ImageMaxxis Chronicle tread by Malc Smith, on Flickr ImageSmall mark on casing by Malc Smith, on Flickr

ImageKnard tread 29x 3 120tpi by Malc Smith, on Flickr

More Pics here https://flic.kr/ps/2kemc5
Last edited by Brothersmith on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jBay

Re: FS: Krampus rolling chases and 29+ bits

Post by jBay »

And just for the wheels including tyres?
RobLyon

Post by RobLyon »

Interested in the wheels also.

Edit: Just looking into the frame and forks. You say 16" but surly sizing is 15 or 17". Is it a 17" but 16" C-C? If its a medium how tall are you and what stem length and bars did you run?

Also where abouts are you?
flash

Post by flash »

I'll take the Knard please....
flash

Post by flash »

Actually I'll take both tyres, if you'll do £50 posted for both......
flash

Post by flash »

If you don't sell them to John with the wheels....
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

jBay wrote:And just for the wheels including tyres?
Would prefer to sell with frame but if Rob passes then £170 posted, £160 collected.
RobLyon wrote:Interested in the wheels also.

Edit: Just looking into the frame and forks. You say 16" but surly sizing is 15 or 17". Is it a 17" but 16" C-C? If its a medium how tall are you and what stem length and bars did you run?

Also where abouts are you?
Sorry my mistake, its a size small. I am 5'7" . I ran a 90cm stem, but had 710mm Jones bars on which shortens cockpit by 30cm so was probably closer to 60cm.

I am based in Uttoxeter
flash wrote:If you don't sell them to John with the wheels....
I have 4 sets of tyres. Two Knards are for sale with the wheels and the Chronicle and Knard are for sale separately , and yes will do both for £50 posted.

Can do PayPal but prefer bank transfer (wife spends it on ebay if it goes in PayPal :roll: ) PM me your address and how you want to pay.

Malc
flash

Post by flash »

Brill. Unfortunately I can only do PayPal (gift, OK?). Still your wife will be chuffed. Silly question how do I PM you on this forum???
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

PayPal fine. PM you the details, you should be able to respond to that with your address.

If you want to do it in future just click on members name and you should see the option

Malc