Easter?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Easter?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've just been reminded that next weekend is Easter (where does the time go?) ... anyway, given the state of my knee and the fact that Dee's ankle is coming out of plaster on Wednesday, it's highly unlikely that the weekend holds any riding for yours truly. I know there'll be a few making their way to the sunny south west but what's everyone else got planned? Something exciting or an afternoon wondering round Ikea in a haze of amazement*.

*at just what tat people will buy.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Re: Easter?

Post by Dave Barter »

We're driving to the Alps, staying in a mobile home and throwing ourselves down snowy slopes.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
smartay

Post by smartay »

Not much for here, shift pattern means working right through the weekend so Mrs Smartay well impressed.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

We're driving to the Alps, staying in a mobile home and throwing ourselves down snowy slopes.
The sun's out, it's warming up ... and you want to step back into the cold and snow? Barking :shock:
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

North Somerset council have kindly bucked the trend and made our school holibobs after the traditional easter break so we have two four day weeks then 2 weeks holiday.
During those two weeks weeks I'll be watching Urban Fox fall over a lot whilst learning to ski. :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

During those two weeks weeks I'll be watching Urban Fox fall over a lot whilst learning to ski.
Another one :o
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Just back from taking the kids camping, pretty local, pub grub, camp site jobby.
Excellent time had by all.
Down to more serious business next weekend, and should be doing a circular of The North York Moors, fish & chips, bivi with a sea view.
No snow for me I hope!!!
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Just got back from snow shoeing in the alps, was warmer in the sun in Chamonix than it has been here!

Plans for Easter? Sell lots and lots of bicycles :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I start work for the new season on Sunday.

October seems like only yesterday :|
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

My mum's moved to the south coast (Pagham near Bognor) so we're there for the BH weekend. Will take my 29er for general mooching around.
School hols straight after so we're coming home for a day and then off to YHA Minehead for a few days. Taking the full suss bike for that trip as I hear the trails there are good fun.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

My wife is taking the kids skiing and Im off for a week's cycle touring. Was thinking of a ferry over to Normandy to visit the landing beaches, but the ferry times are a bit of a bugger and I dont want to lose two days there and back sitting on a boat, so I may well just pootle up to the Cotswolds. Dunno.

None of that minimalist nonsense though. This is full bore cycle glamping - four panniers, bar bag, folding chair and big tent strapped to the rear rack. I will even take a spare pair of shoes. :grin:
I'm just going outside ...
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Riding from London to Edinburgh on my folder. I need to get some decent miles in and this seemed like a 'fun' thing to do. Whether I bivi or not will entirely depend on my pace, but I'm taking a bag and mat just in case.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

AlasdairMc wrote:Riding from London to Edinburgh on my folder. I need to get some decent miles in and this seemed like a 'fun' thing to do. Whether I bivi or not will entirely depend on my pace, but I'm taking a bag and mat just in case.
Alasdair reminds the forum that we're not Singletrack :lol:

Sounds like a great idea for a trip, hope toy enjoy it
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Thursday I will leave work with a loaded bike - and arrive home on Sunday night. Wife is away, so I have a few days of totally guilt free riding, eating, swilling beer, sleeping out ahead of me.
Monday I pick her up from the airport in the inevitable confused state flying back from Central America will bring.
slarge

Post by slarge »

A wedding in Eastbourne. I had visions of a little South Downs way jaunt, but that has been changed to a walk. Then a possible bivvy on Monday night after we get home.....
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Chew of this parish and myself will be doing a 3 1/2 day trip http://pedalesdelosports.com here in Southern Cataluña 200km and plenty of ups and downs. The last week has been spent turning the place upside down trying to find the bits and bobs I've assembled for such trips only to discover that the kitchen cupboard I stored it in in our house in Yorkshire didn't get packed when we moved to Spain!!!
Thanks to alpkit, stu and chew I will hopefully have a bivvy setup and cooking kit by the time we set off next Thursday. Moral of the story, if you want something doing right etc. Weather forecast is looking pretty good with 18-21 degrees daytime temps which is a lot better than the rain we've had over the last 3-4 days. A report will follow in due course, if we stay out of the cafés long enough to take some photos.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

A wee bothy trip down the capital trail for me on Friday, was hoping to do the whole thing but I have been informed I have a 50th to go to on Saturday so only going to manage about 55 miles before jumping on a train home Saturday morning. Also hoping to get a go pro like device at some point this week so I'll give it a test run before my West Highland Way trip next month.
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

hopefully heading off to Newborough beach/woods (cheeky car camping) with the missus/doggies for a break (with Fatty trail) of course :-bd
Last edited by Lawmanmx on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

A friends wedding in a brewery (answering a proverbial question?).

Then celebrating my birthday (no doubt with a hangover) by sitting on a train for 5-6 hours. :roll:
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
During those two weeks weeks I'll be watching Urban Fox fall over a lot whilst learning to ski.
Another one :o
And another one here - me and the boys for a weeks skiing in the sunshine (or clag and drizzle?)... must get back on a bike soon :shock:
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

No skiing here! I'm currently about 10 miles out of Newquay parked up in the camper after being told that it was too late and sleep was needed. Heading to Sennen in the morning for some beach time until heading to braunton for bens ride on Friday.

Woke up yesterday with terrible back pain. No idea why. Hopefully a few days teaching the kids to surf will fix that in time for a couple of big days on the bike...
cyclingtiger

Post by cyclingtiger »

The lass has signed up to do an Ironman later in the year so we're going up to Kielder to do a general course recce. Looks like a weekend of road riding, running and mooching in the tipi with a nice warm stove. Bit miffed at no MTB but I'm sure I'll manage to enjoy myself.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I wanna go skiing now (snowboarding really) :sad:
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

yer Always Late tho Jase, the snow would have melted well before you got there ;) Lol
barney

Post by barney »

Mrs Barney is away with work so I'll be spending the time doing fun stuff with two 7yr olds... lots of riding, swimming and trips to the zoo and much more.

I'm really looking forward to it! :-bd
Wait for me...