Bach to Bach - thank you.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Bach to Bach - thank you.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A big thank you to everyone who entered, those who turned up, all who bailed last night and everybody who returned today - wetter, colder, maybe wiser but generally happier than they would have been, had they not ventured out.

A special thank you to Dee for baking cakes, plying everyone with toast and obviously, keeping all in order :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
jay91

Re: Bach to Bach - thank you.

Post by jay91 »

Thanks stu&dee for a good weekend as usual and the cake was ace :-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

+1 to that. My first BB event so nice to meet Dee and Stu for the first time as well.

Hope everyone got back safe and slightly less sane.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
paramart

Post by paramart »

thanks to stu and dee great w/end with lots of tea and toast, toasted to perfection :-bd
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
crewlie

Post by crewlie »

I'll add my thanks to Stu and Dee for organising such a good weekend with so much interesting weather, and perfect tea,toast and cake.
I'd like to think I've come back wiser, but as I caught myself thinking about routes and camping spots for next time, that would seem unlikely.
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

Thanks from me too, a really great event as always.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Cheers from me too. Lovely toast and, I think, three cups of tea.

But, oh how I laughed when, having ridden there, saw this year's Winter Event goodies were a thermos flask and a packet of biscuits. Cue lots of rearranging of gear to fit it all in :lol:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Another cracker Stu & Dee. Probably the wettest I've ever known Wales (and that's saying something!) but also probably the best nights sleep I've had on a BB outing! :lol:
Chicken Legs

Post by Chicken Legs »

Once more into the jaws of hell :wink:
A special kudos to those hardy fellows who didn't stay in a bothy on Saturday night.
Great weekend, thoroughly enjoyed myself and thanks to Dee & Stu for all your hard work.

Andy
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
Mart

Post by Mart »

Thanks Stu and Dee, agree and echo the sentiments above. Top tea, toast and cake :-)

Another winter event where I was pushed out of my comfort zone with the weather and discovered things about myself

And big up to Stu, for my first item made of Cuben. I was in awe at this and didn't thank you enough
2924 miles per Gallon
BenA

Post by BenA »

+1 from me as well
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Great weekend. Thanks to Stu, Dee and (sorry, I don't know your name), Mr Toast Guy.

People will be pleased to know that I don't seem to have any have any have any permanent damage from my crash, aside from a HUUUUUUGE bruise all down my arm, a knee that no longer bends, and some general scuffing here and there.

On topic, given we had a bothy full of hot bodies (so sexy), I'm amazed at just how cold it got.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Fanks
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Another great weekend in deepest Wales!

Big thanks Stu & Dee :-bd
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Cheers to Stu 'n Dee for manning the fort whilst we were out having fun.

Big thanks to Ian and Zippy for putting up with my cramping legs on the outbound journey and pushing me to go faster. Likewise to Taylor and crew for letting me tag along on the return and for introducing me to the Hafren Rolling Challenge. I'll be back to give that another go.

Always good fun out in the hills and rarely a dull moment and good to see all the usual suspects and meet some new/old hands at the game.

Greetz

S.
JezS

Post by JezS »

Thanks Stu & Dee for an ace weekend and your warm hospitality.

Waking in the snow at the head of the Elan valley on saturday night put this morning's London commuter train trudge into good perspective!

Jez
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

I had another great weekend thanks to Stuart and Dee.

Met some new people and even spent the night with them! Always a bonus...

Thank you very much. Excellent fun despite some less than pleasant weather out on the tops...

Si
Single Speed George

Post by Single Speed George »

thanks stu , was fun (ish ) :P despite the horrendous cold and wet and running back to my car in a less than bike packing manner.
haha
Mike

Post by Mike »

Great weekend again! Good to catch up with everyone. Got my prezzie from the photo comp ( 8g stove) cheers stu. Thanks dee for the hard work put in again. Now off to look at flights for tuscany time :-bd
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Yes thanks to Stu and Dee as always for the organisation - to all the Bothy inhabitants for being there and having the fire going - especially Burty!!!! Thanks to Mike for ignoring all my cursing and putting up with my snails pace on the way back. Roll on Tuscany . . . i think i shall be warm by then!
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Thanks from me too

Not sure if we were the last ones back or not, 2 more left on the list but the car park looked empty...

Enjoyed finishing off the lemon drizzle cake, it was lovely

We bivvied quite high up in the woods, lots of rain overnight, then greeted with more rain on Sunday, with more sleet, snow and hail at varying points during the day. Mostly rain though

Pleased to have only 1 section of hike a bike, which would have been a technical climb in the dry but turned out to be a walk up a stream in the wet

We did a uplift day at Bike Park Wales on the Friday so was a big weekend away on the bike. Legs are a bit stiff now and I'm knackered!
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Just to add my thanks for another wet weekend in Wales. Really appreciate these events to get me put there regardless.
burty

Post by burty »

thanks , top weekend and people :-bd
slarge

Post by slarge »

Yes, add my thanks to the list. These are unique events and it's great meeting up with like minded people - even though the elements are often challenging it adds to the sense of occasion......
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Big thanks to Stu and Dee for all the organising, tea, cake, toast etc. etc. etc.

I enjoyed that, I think that is one of the wetter events I've been to :lol: .

Quick summary from me:

Started packing 6am on the Sat, left home by 0730, drove 240 miles, arrived 1130 at the centre. After many cups of tea, conversation, I'd managed to finish packing the bike and get changed by 2pm, left the centre with Scott and Ian. 29 minutes after we left, I was thinking "wow, I've still got dry feet", and Scott made the call that he was going to put his coat on - so we stopped and made clothing adjustments - 1 minute later it rained very very hard (and I got wet feet again!)
Anyway, we made it to the Bothy without too much drama (bit more very Welsh weather and falling light) - and were surprised to find it empty. The fire was started and we enjoyed the evening as Taylor, Si, Burty and Matt rolled in, stashed port and logs appeared, and then later on so did Bert and Ernie, John Russel and Jase - cheese, wind salami and banter was exchanged. Image
The following morning, Ian left the group for hi long ride home, Taylor, Matt, Burty, Scott and I pootled back gently to LLanbrymair, leaving the others to catch us later. The Sun even made an appearance. I failed a game of who can carry the momentum down the hill without pedalling when my drybag fell off my bike :roll: , but we did have a good game of tyre rubbing and let's tell each other incorrect directions Image Image

All in all, an enjoyable weekend and good to get away from it all. Nice to see everyone :cool:

Here's a few snaps: https://www.flickr.com/photos/zippyonli ... 1098877084

P1040596 by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

Fire by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

Bothy Life by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

Chute by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

Sunshine by Chris Reeves, on Flickr
Last edited by Zippy on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.