U.K. Hammocks quilts

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Teetosugars

U.K. Hammocks quilts

Post by Teetosugars »

I know a few people rate these, so has anyone got a real world pic of how small they pack down?
Just having a few ideas for next years trips, and been asked for c****mas pressie ideas..
Cheers all.
dlovett

Re: U.K. Hammocks quilts

Post by dlovett »

My summer + extra down one squashed done to about 1/3 bigger than my Neoair xtherm large sleeping pad, so a roll approx 32cm by about 18cm.

There is however about a five week wait for them so unlikely for Christmas now.
mtbmarkymark

Post by mtbmarkymark »

Hi,
Having picked up on comments about the shell materials being quite robust I enquired with Matt about getting a summer quilt with a 250g fill but made in lighter shell fabrics. It wasn't a problem and he got some pertex quantum4 fabric. Very happy with the resulting quilt. 470g and volume <4litres.
The quilt format adapts better fluctuating temperatures particularly warm nights when a zipless mummy sleeping bag is not as versatile.
Hope this helps
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Does that make it much lighter than the normal summer quilt? I can't recall what mine weights though though it was 500g ish.

Did the different fabric add much to the cost?
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Cheers all..
Food for thought, by the looks of things, they won't pack down much smaller than my doss bag..
Think I'll just stick with it.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Teetosugars wrote:Cheers all..
Food for thought, by the looks of things, they won't pack down much smaller than my doss bag..
Think I'll just stick with it.

Based on the figures on their website they don't seem that light compared to a quality bag. Check the cumulus ones, I'd think they are lighter and more packable. Mr Bones is a fan of his 150, I've used a 250 quite a bit, mainly as a winter top up with a bag too. very packable, widely available from non uk sellers.