Introduction

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

Introduction

Post by ootini »

Hey all,

I'm new here, been loitering and reading for a couple of weeks, but finally figured I should say hello.
As a bit of background I live in North Wales and I'm in my mid 30s. Bought myself a CX bike for use mainly on the road about 18 months ago, and recently bought my first MTB. I'm very interested in cycle camping as I love just getting out doors and away from the hustle and bustle.
I tend to over think things a fair bit, too much planning etc and I'm also tight, probably because I'm Welsh, which has led me to start a blog on my effort to get in to cycle camping on a budget: https://bikepackingonabudget.wordpress.com/

I was curious, does anyone here go cycle camping / bikepacking on road bikes? Or is it primarily off road on MTBs? I'm keen on both, but I think purely due to having more experience on the CX bike, and having less change of getting lost on roads my first forays will be on the roads.

Hope to speak to you guys soon.

Thanks

Dave
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Introduction

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I think the majority here would consider themselves mountain bikers first and foremost, however there's plenty who also ride road / cx.

Nearly every trip has a level of tarmac / gravel, so just pick the best bike for the job on any given day :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

cross bikes are great for bikepacking with, and getting lost is ace.... eventually :-)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

...on a budget...

...I really wish I'd read that before starting. This last month of shopping has made me a poor man.