Bar Harness and Frame Bag

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mrhoppy

Bar Harness and Frame Bag

Post by Mrhoppy »

Had a bit of a play about trying to get a lightweight bar harness set up. A bit of 25mm webbing a couple of buckles and hey presto.

Weighs very little and it's pretty solid all things considered.

Then, seeing as I couldn't find what I was after I had a play at a half frame bag (credit to Mrs Hoppy for sewing duties, although that's because she doesn't trust me on her machine). Zip is under the top velcro flap so that it is not under stress.

Next stop is a food pouch to sit on top of the bar bag. All ready for 1st run out this weekend.
Alpinum

Re: Bar Harness and Frame Bag

Post by Alpinum »

Great bar harness. KISS :-bd
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Mrhoppy wrote:Had a bit of a play about trying to get a lightweight bar harness set up. A bit of 25mm webbing a couple of buckles and hey presto.

Weighs very little and it's pretty solid all things considered.
I had literally 30 mins ago ordered some webbing and straps to make something very similar, coool :cool:
Mrhoppy

Post by Mrhoppy »

Zippy wrote: I had literally 30 mins ago ordered some webbing and straps to make something very similar, coool :cool:
You also need some figure of 8 sliders to hold it in place on the fork crown otherwise it slides.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Mrhoppy wrote:
Zippy wrote: I had literally 30 mins ago ordered some webbing and straps to make something very similar, coool :cool:
You also need some figure of 8 sliders to hold it in place on the fork crown otherwise it slides.
My "design" that I have in my head differs a bit from yours, but yes I have a load of those figure of 8 sliders, some buckles and clips and stuff. Hopefully they arrive in time for the weekend!