Off Topic - Music.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

DanDax1990

Off Topic - Music.

Post by DanDax1990 »

So, Which genres of music do you like most? Bands/DJs etc?

Arctic Monkeys do it for me, everytime. Don't think I'll ever get bored of their first album. The new album is very good too.

I also like House music. So, Yourselves?

Also, do you listen to music whilst out riding? Or whilst out on an overnight ride/camp?
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Off Topic - Music.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I don't tend to listen to music much while riding but do listen to books to help shorten the long nights.

But seeing as you asked about music (you might wish you hadn't) ... I'm currently listening to:

Lars Fredrickson & the Bastards

Super 8 Cumshot

Transplants

The back catalogue of Sun Records
May the bridges you burn light your way
faddyvictor

Post by faddyvictor »

Some nice melodic tunes to nod off to there Stu :lol:
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

The Levellers
The Band

Done :D
slarge

Post by slarge »

Pixies and Smashing Pumpkins for me, and a fair bit of Linkin Park, old U2, SLF, Foo Fighters. Never whilst riding though - I like to hear the peace and quiet.
Ian

Post by Ian »

The peace and quiet in Scotland got to me a bit on the highland trail, especially when you're on the bike for so long. I had a bit of a range on my iPod for that event:
Alt-J
Chemical Bros
Gorillaz
Fat Boy Slim
Levellers
Mumford & Sons
Prodigy
Hendrix
Sambassadors of Groove
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Confession time.

Folk for me, sorry :oops:

As I'm typing this I'm listening to The Chair's new album The Road to Hammer Junkie

If it helps soften the blow I also like SKA, Reggie, Electronic, Prog rock, Rock and some Mancs guitar bands.
DanDax1990

Post by DanDax1990 »

How many of you take an iPod/Music player with you on your adventures?
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

JohnClimber wrote:Confession time.

Folk for me, sorry :oops:

As I'm typing this I'm listening to The Chair's new album The Road to Hammer Junkie

If it helps soften the blow I also like SKA, Reggie, Electronic, Prog rock, Rock and some Mancs guitar bands.
Folk is good, I'm also listening to show of hands latest recently :-D
Adrian Brewster

Post by Adrian Brewster »

Eclectic ... whatever CDs I've most recently found in Charity shops. Mostly silence but motivational and meditational is good. Recently: PJ Harvey, Frank Zappa, Tom Waits, feck Buttons, Bach Brandenburg, Goldberg variations, Dick Gaughan, Radiohead, Miles Davis, EST, Keith Jarrett, Dead Kennedys, Prodigy etc etc
FLV

Post by FLV »

Stone Sour are my favourite, they tend to speed my pedalling up a little though.
Also listen to Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, The Roots, Eddie Vedder, Black Crowes, Sage francis, John forte, Jurassic 5, Blackalicious, Pumpkis, frank Turner.

I do listen on the trail, but only on long days / long trips. Tenacious D always cheers me up if I'm feeling like quitting.

I like a book and podcast for the evening before sleep sometimes, but not so often
Zoglug

Post by Zoglug »

I carry an ipod with me, but rarely use it when cycling. I tend to just throw it on once im settled down for the evening.

I tend to listen to anything and everything i just hit random on the ipod and what comes on i listen to.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Almost anything bar gangster rap, dance music or classical.

Bits of rock stuff, bits of 'conscious' hip hop, bits of folk and lots of alt-country and Americana (Old Crow Medicine Show, Trampled by Turtles, Redlands Palomino Company, Steve Earle, Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir etc). Recently there's also been a lot of sort of 90s chart rock, Terrorvision, Skunk Anansie, Geneva etc
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
Eoghan

Post by Eoghan »

Adrian Brewster wrote:Eclectic ... whatever CDs I've most recently found in Charity shops. Mostly silence but motivational and meditational is good. Recently: PJ Harvey, Frank Zappa, Tom Waits, feck Buttons, Bach Brandenburg, Goldberg variations, Dick Gaughan, Radiohead, Miles Davis, EST, Keith Jarrett, Dead Kennedys, Prodigy etc etc
That's a Guardian reader's playlist if ever there was one!
Adrian Brewster

Post by Adrian Brewster »

Hey, I take that as a great compliment but I guess it probably isn't. I wear my "tedious anarcho-lefty, Guardian reading, boring old fart" stereotype with pride.
barney

Post by barney »

I don't tend to take my iPod when I go on a bivi but I do sometimes listen to a bit of music from my phone when I'm having breakfast etc. Depending on my mood it can be anything from...

Leftfield
Death in Vegas
New Order
Primal Scream
Dreadzone
Toots and the Maytals

To be honest anything that grabs me at the time, like a lot of people I carry quite a large library on my phone

Do weight-weenies worry about carrying additional music on their mp3 players or they only take the actual amount of tunes they anticipate listening to? Have I just created a new culture of "virtual weight-weenies"? :lol:
Wait for me...