Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

CJR61

Sold - Santa Cruz Chameleon 29er large

Post by CJR61 »

Santa Cruz Chameleon 29er Large

****lots of pictures

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e4rEL8 ... flfuuVRPaw

2018 Santa Cruz Chameleon 29er Large in Olive green and Purple

Frame is generally good condition but has had a repair.

***Previous owner had stuck seatpost and the bike shop managed to crack the compression slot and warp/very slightly ovalised the upper part of the seat tube (assume they tried heat and brute force). He rode it without issue for 12 months post damage.

I’ve had a professional welder clean up up, weld it up, and realign/straighten/circle-ify the seat tube and it works great. Included are pre-repair, post-repair and post paint pictures for transparency. I filed down the weld and resprayed in Plastikote gloss black (matches the gloss black paint squares own the frame) sand you wouldn’t notice it if you weren’t looking for it. I chose to slot a little milk bottle plastic shim in to make it snug. I’ve test ridden it and decided it’s too small for me, but feels stiff and solid. I would happily ride it and fully trust the repair as the Welder is excellent and knows his aluminium.

Other than the above it has a few usual scuffs and marks but all good otherwise.

SC Seat clamp

Hope headset

X-Fusion Trace RL2 29er forks – 110-140 travel, frequent lower service.

Shimano BB

New SLX Cranks

Formula R1 brakes – good condition, rear may need a bleed.

Easton bars and grips

Nukeproof stem and saddle (cover lifting on nose so been ‘electrical taped’).

Seat post

SRAM X7/X9 10sp gears on SRAM cassette, brand new chain.

Wheels are Superstar rear hub (142×12 but using boost adapter for 148) and Whyte front (15×100).

Specialized tyres

Can include pedals also.

Prefer collection from Redditch or near Bristol next week. Can post at cost but may take a week or so to organise (summer holiday chaos!).

Looking for £700

Cheers

Chris

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e4rEL8 ... flfuuVRPaw