Stolen Bikes

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dan_K

Stolen Bikes

Post by Dan_K »

Hi all,

Unfortunately, my garage was broken into today (Croydon area). The scum literally peeled the garage door in half. Please keep an eye out for these two bikes:

Planet X Nanolight with Fulcrum racing 3 wheels (wheels from second pic), Look Keo carbon pedals and SRAM Red

IMAG0015 by DKNWHY, on Flickr

Specialized Allez Elite (bar tape now black), Look Keo Classic Red pedals:

Fulcrums by DKNWHY, on Flickr

Know it's a long shot but if you see anything online, let me know.

Thanks.
Taylor

Re: Stolen Bikes

Post by Taylor »

Thats gash.
I'll keep an eye out.

Usual searches on ebay and gumtree?
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Sorry to hear that Dan, not a lot you can say in these times.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Gutted for you too. We had our garage done about 6 years ago and every single day I still walk over to it with that sinking feeling wondering if today will be the day it's been done again. Sadly it stays with you :(
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bad luck chap :evil:

Hope you get lucky.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Anthony wrote:Gutted for you too. We had our garage done about 6 years ago and every single day I still walk over to it with that sinking feeling wondering if today will be the day it's been done again. Sadly it stays with you :(
I know exactly how you feel after being burgled several times. I also worked in a young offenders prison for eight years, the little scroats have no idea of the wider damage they do to people's lives and they wouldn't care even if they did know. One little git told me once that "I wouldn't lower myself by getting on a bus" but he was quite happy to rob houses so he could pay for taxi's. They live in a completely different world of twisted morals and values to you and I.
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

Thanks all.

Had a new garage door fitted yesterday with additional locks, barbed wire fence and machine gun turrets. Bikes are insured but I don't think i'll replace them both and just use the extra money for some more security.
Losing the Specialized hurt the most, even though it was the cheaper bike. It was the one that got me cycling and the one I cycled to Paris on. That bike signified the change from being an overweight layabout into a less overweight layabout and is irreplaceable in terms of sentimental value. It's the one bike i'd never sell.