FS: Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

FS: Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs

Post by redefined_cycles »

They're blue. Just had the bearings and seals (seal) changed by laat owner. Bought em to shave weight but turns out these aren't as light as the PRO 4.

Cassette marks on the splines of the freehub with a nice ratchety feel (if thats your thing) and nice smooth bearings all round.

100mm front and 135mm rear. Both QR without skewers.

Front £50 ONO
Rear £90 ONO
Both prices posted and if you wanted both then £130 posted
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: FS: Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs

NB. If anyone is buying to shave weight then these might be the wrong ones for you. Actual weight of the rear is 390g and not the 305g quoted online. Maybe its heavier grease or the axles/freehub has veen converted to a heavier one at some point in life...
jaseisace

Post by jaseisace »

Hey Shaf
Piccies to my email please
jaseisace71(at)gmail(dot)com
Cheers
Jase
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Sorry Shaf with your focus on weight, you've missed a couple of key specs. Number of spokes needed on each and are they disc or non disc?
redefined_cycles

pistonbroke wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:08 pm Sorry Shaf with your focus on weight, you've missed a couple of key specs. Number of spokes needed on each and are they disc or non disc?
Sorry... Yes, my bad

32h (both)

6 bolt disc (both)

:-bd
redefined_cycles

jaseisace wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:02 pm Hey Shaf
Cheers
Jase
Pics coming up here just now :grin:
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:26 am NB. If anyone is buying to shave weight then these might be the wrong ones for you. Actual weight of the rear is 390g and not the 305g quoted online. Maybe its heavier grease or the axles/freehub has veen converted to a heavier one at some point in life...
This will because it has a steel freehub, no? My alloy freehub Pro 2 Evo is pretty much 305g on the nose.
redefined_cycles

http://imgur.com/a/2p28Dxu

Pics up there. I've checked the flanges for any hairline crack and I couldn't find any... so they're good to go
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Dyffers wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:31 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:26 am NB. If anyone is buying to shave weight then these might be the wrong ones for you. Actual weight of the rear is 390g and not the 305g quoted online. Maybe its heavier grease or the axles/freehub has veen converted to a heavier one at some point in life...
This will because it has a steel freehub, no? My alloy freehub Pro 2 Evo is pretty much 305g on the nose.
Yes, I had a feeling about this being the case as it's the silver version and the cuts in the freehub are only jusy slight...

(goes to get out a magnet... honest answer = I'm not sure as the magnet is working and sticking to part of the acle ends. But when sticking to the freehub the magnetism is very very light which makes me think it's attraction to the bearings beaneath).

NB. Only reason for the weight-weenie wierdness is cos I'm using a used Halo carbon rim I had awaiting a rainy day. No point losing 100g on the rim but adding 110g on the hub :o
redefined_cycles

jaseisace wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:02 pm Hey Shaf
Cheers
Jase
Pics added with a link to IMGUR jase... let me know if you can't see em

[Edit: I've started measur9ng em up for spokes so might not be available soon]