Buzzing Arms

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

welshwhit

Buzzing Arms

Post by welshwhit »

Recently, I've been wearing my winter gloves with no padding on the palms.

I've also been waking up in the night with a strange buzzing sensation all up my arms. I've read a bit about the ulna nerve sometimes being aggravated and lead to strange sensations in the arms.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Seems to be more of an issue when I've been out on my road bike.

Thanks
Drew
nobby

Re: Buzzing Arms

Post by nobby »

Could it be Carpal Tunnel syndrome? If so, it's easily remedied by a couple of minor ops.
"What doesn't kill us makes us stranger." - The Joker
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

What's your set like, you may be sitting too far forward or too low, with more pressure on your hands than on your seat. Have you tried a stem with more rise but if you have been riding the road bike for a few years with no issues then ignore this post
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

May be the cure but I've found Ergon grips pretty good and am getting no wrist/forearm issues since.

I did squish the nerves in my hands years ago that led to motor functions issue (when using those forearm crutches for long periods walking up to crags in Derbyshire with climbing mates!). I was on a non-weight bearing lower leg cast and did experience some odd feelings in the arms for some time. Made better by making the grips much bigger (as I think the Ergons aim to do).

Might be worth a try - not sure what you can do on the road bike but there are gel inserts that can go under the taping on the tops (I looked at these for the Tour of Flanders cobbles but went with double gloves in the end)?

Something like this http://www.probikekit.co.uk/handlebar-s ... 69817.html and Spez do some too I think. HTH.
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
welshwhit

Post by welshwhit »

Thanks for the responses folks,

I did have a look at the ergon range thinking they may help, thinking its mainly the road bike that's causing the grief, a mix of old tape and old climbing injures to my wrists.

I'll definitely have a closer look at those gel inserts I think, and maybe see if I can find some ergon grips to try.

Thanks

Drew
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I had the specialized roubaix tape with gells on my old Kaff, very comfy but they do come up quite big, I prefer skinny grips on mtb and tape on road bike
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I got under-tape gel to my road bikes. It makes them much comfier on longer, or multi-day rides.

Have a look at the Specialized gloves too. They mostly have some sort of Ulnar Nerve padding.