Am getting the last few bits of kit together
For spring.
Cant decide whether to stump up for a leopard
Framebag or go for a tangle instead.
Its just a happy accident that i ride the frame
That i currently have-it was just a "stop gap"
That i have decided i really like.
What if i change my mind? I like the interchangeability
Of the tangle but is it of a durable enough construction?
Can i fit enough in it?
Please help.
Has anyone else had a similar dilemma?
Grubby little urchin.
Cheeky Monkey

Re: framebag

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Have wondered about this "problem" with framebags myself (whether they'll fit various bikes).

I got a Tangle (medium) and it's a perfectly durable bit of kit, as much so or more that a frame bag, seat pack or bar roll.

I manage so far with a Wingnut, bar-roll, seat pack and Tangle bag in various combinations. Maybe I'll need to carry more at some point in the future and maybe I'll look at framebags but I picked up a discounted sport rack thingy and figure if I need to carry a load of stuff I can use that instead of the seat pack.
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

I've nearly bought a frame bag a few times but then hold off because it will only fit that frame. I'd never sell the frame I have now but there is a vague chance I'd build up a 29er just for bikepacking one day, very vague chance though.

Think I am just gonna order a tangle soon too as it will fit my mtb and cross bike plus would probably be easy enough to resell if I go for a proper bag in the future. It's not gonna hold as much but would be handy for tent poles, tube, tool, spares, etc
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

There must be quite a few common bikepacking frames owner by the regulars on this forum.

Perhaps a dimensions database (like the one Alpkit has no doubt put together since starting their framebag production) would help some people with the interchangeability question?

My BuggyBags prototype framebag, made for my old 18" On One Inbred, is a good fit for my large Singular Swift surprisingly. I would never have believed that the internal frame dimensions of the two bikes were even close; just a happy accident that I could still use my old 'bag.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Perhaps a dimensions database (like the one Alpkit has no doubt put together since starting their framebag production) would help some people with the interchangeability question?
Good idea ... I'll get a thread sorted out ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
royAB

Post by royAB »

Jon at Buggybags is (I think) constructing a framebag database right now. Might be worth getting in touch with him..