Talkytoaster maps

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

gazaddy

Talkytoaster maps

Post by gazaddy »

Hi guys , looking at getting a preloaded 1:50 UK map sd card for my etrex 30 . Is it worth buying the 32gb over the 8gb or 16gb.
Thanks as newbie using gps
--------------------------------------champagne lifestyle on lemonade budget
BigdummySteve

Re: Talkytoaster maps

Post by BigdummySteve »

Send me a pm.......
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Talkytoaster bloke is a top man. Ask him direct. Support our small businesses
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Dave Barter wrote:Talkytoaster bloke is a top man. Ask him direct. Support our small businesses
Absolutely Dave, his maps are ace and highly recommended :-bd well worth the small fee he charges.

There is however a large tax payer funded mapping organisation who charges a lot of money for digital maps then shafts you they no longer support said format.

No qualms there.....
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Dave Barter wrote:Talkytoaster bloke is a top man. Ask him direct. Support our small businesses
I agree, I have a lot of time for him vs a certain other vendor who was selling maps through a dubious manner... :-bd
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

If you could find someone who say lived very close to you* then it can be possible to get the Garmin OS maps copied on to a Micro SD card to use in your unit

I use an 8 gb one[ I think] as its big enough for my OS maps and also OSM ones - sometimes the later are better as they have less clutter so are more usable on the small Garmin screen and its easy to swap between them when using the GPS

What you do is down to you as there are free ways to get maps and ways to support someoen who has done a hell of a lot to make them available

* me for example
There is however a large tax payer funded mapping organisation who charges a lot of money for digital maps then shafts you they no longer support said format.
definitely this i would avoid them as its very annoying to have a lot of money in electronic maps become obsolete