Watershed dry bags

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Pyro

Watershed dry bags

Post by Pyro »

Just a wee observation...

Faffing around last night trying to sort kit positioning on my SS and realised that the Watershed dry bag I use for my camera kit when kayaking makes an almost perfect waterproof bar bag! If you've not seen the Watershed bags, they're duffle-type bags with double closure, interlocking 'lips' and roll top. They're not cheap, but they're very highly rated. Had mine two years and despite continual abuse it's still in almost perfect nick

Mine, the 15l Ocoee, fits exactly between my brake levers (47cm long), has solid lash points to attach it (just used two small velcro straps) and sits well clear of the front wheel. There's e extra lash tabs so I reckon on adding a bit of bungee round underneath to stop it bouncing about.

Give them a look if you're thinking of buying a new bag, and I'll stick pics of mine up when I can.

Cheers!

Pyroh it (just used two small velcro straps) and sits well clear of the front wheel. There's e extra lash tabs so I reckon on adding a bit of bungee round underneath to stop it bouncing about.

Give them a look if you're thinking of buying a new bag, and I'll stick pics of mine up when I can.

Cheers!

Pyro
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
Pyro

Re: Watershed dry bags

Post by Pyro »

Don't know what happened with crazy double type there. Sorry!
valleydaddy

Post by valleydaddy »

http://drybags.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Scr ... nEquipment

$130 that's a lot of regular dry bags felle :o
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

That's for the full camera kit and dividers etc! They're about £65 for just the bag*, which is pretty expensive I admit. But, short of a Peli case (which won't fit in my kayak), nowt comes close for expensive electronic gear protection on the water.

I'm not sure anyone'd buy one just because it fits, not at that price, but thought I'd post up since I own one already and it looks like it could work well for bikepacking.

* http://www.canoesandkayaks.co.uk/produc ... _Watershed
valleydaddy

Post by valleydaddy »

:oops: sorry

yes I agree if you're carrying expensive camera equipment then yes this bag would be perfect.

Flatfish ought to have one for all his bivvy electronics :ugeek:
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

ziploc bag'll do me for my small electronics = pence.