Tis a veritable Bearbones roadtrip. :lol:
rufus748

Re: South lakes Jennride

Post by rufus748 »

In. :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Probably a stupid question, but do you have to start at the official start time? I'd rather rock up for Friday night, stay in a B&B and then start Saturday morning. I wont be needing more time than than for the 100.

(Don't really want to miss any more work days than necessary as next year is a very busy one)
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Richard G wrote:Probably a stupid question, but do you have to start at the official start time? I'd rather rock up for Friday night, stay in a B&B and then start Saturday morning. I wont be needing more time than than for the 100.

(Don't really want to miss any more work days than necessary as next year is a very busy one)
I think I speak for Rich when I cay
"Do what you want, have a beer, enjoy the ride, don't stress if you don't stick to the route"
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Cheers. Though in an ideal world I'd try to get there just in time for the official off so I could see everyone. :)
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Richard G wrote:Probably a stupid question, but do you have to start at the official start time? I'd rather rock up for Friday night, stay in a B&B and then start Saturday morning. I wont be needing more time than than for the 100.

Let's just say that last year several riders were economical with the route :wink:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

whitestone wrote:

Let's just say that last year several riders were economical with the route :wink:

It's a very relaxed event. Ride what you like. Just be honest about it. Oh, and enjoy it :grin:
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

whitestone wrote:

We were economical with the route. It was great we talked with loads of mates and made a few more.

I remember once at Sleepless24 Jenn stopping (whilst leading the solos race) and asking if I needed anything whilst faffing with a puncture. I said no, but she still stopped for a few moments to chat.

It's not a race, do what you want for route or times.