One bike?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Re: One bike?

Post by BigdummySteve »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
BE MORE GAIRY
No, no, no ... that's what got me into this in the first place.
Of course it is, your just trying to convince the Mrs your 'normal' =))
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

atk wrote:Tinkering =/= maintaining

I'm talking about pissing round switching wheelsets, bars, gear systems, guards, tyres etc between bikes for the sake of it. Pointless 650b conversions, searching for the perfect ultracompact gear ratio, taking mudguards on/off bikes etc.
Trust me. You can still do that quite a lot with one bike! :???:
ootini

Post by ootini »

ctznsmith wrote:

I'm talking about pissing round switching wheelsets, bars, gear systems, guards, tyres etc between bikes for the sake of it. Pointless 650b conversions, searching for the perfect ultracompact gear ratio, taking mudguards on/off bikes etc.
Was just thinking that
notinabox

Post by notinabox »

http://bearbonesbikepacking.blogspot.co ... d.html?m=1

Bugger Stu......I'd made my mind up fella :???:
The noise goes quiet when I'm on my bike :)
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

ctznsmith wrote:

I'd be doing that more with one bike as I "adapted" it for each ride/trip. Multiple bikes means each is ready to go.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

ScotRoutes wrote:
ctznsmith wrote:

I'd be doing that more with one bike as I "adapted" it for each ride/trip. Multiple bikes means each is ready to go.
I understand your logic, but I still think I waste time trying to keep my quiver of bikes ready to ride. I completely agree with you about not worth selling old bikes as they depreciate so much, hence I have 2 road bikes (summer & winter), a TT bike, 3 x 26ers and 3 x 29ers cluttering up my garage. In reality I only have 3 on-the-go regularly, and the TT bike is permanently on the turbo since I stopped doing Tri several years ago.

If I only had one bike, every ride would feel like a compromise, especially when I am out with people riding tools that where appropriate to the task.
atk

Post by atk »

I get the point of owning multiple, specific bikes, but I don't have the skills, speed, competitive inclination or live anywhere that requires them. In that respect, having one bike that's not-the-worst at doing everything is fine.

I don't think there's much tinkering to be done with a rigid ss. I suppose you can change gear ratios and tyres, but I'm happy to just pedal a bit harder/faster or take it a bit easier on some descents...
gairym

Post by gairym »

BigdummySteve wrote:BE MORE GAIRY
The stickers are being made up as I type.....

:-bd
ootini

Post by ootini »

I'm going to the LBS to take a look at a Spesh AWOL they have going cheap... wish me luck....
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Wulfrunian wrote:
Alpinum wrote:Do you have a car?
You mean a car for traveling long distance, a car for going on roads, a car for going off road, a car for nipping down the shops and a car for winter use? :-bd
I meant if you have no car you can get a bike instead. Or a second one.

Or a fifth.

Getting #5 this week...