BB200 Spotwalla Location Page

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

BB200 Spotwalla Location Page

Post by dlovett »

Hello,

Here is the info from spotwalla of hoe to add yourself to the BB200 location page. It's like track leaders but free, however it only shows your current position and not your full track.

The direct link to your location page is: https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=379

You may share this link wherever and however you choose. You can also embed the location page on a webpage of your own. More information on embedding can be found here: https://spotwalla.com/help/lps.php#embedding

Users can join the page by clicking this link: https://spotwalla.com/join.php?a=a&id=379

There's no view password so this page is entirely public. And since it's public, please ensure everyone who chooses to join this page is aware of secure zones and how to control the types of messages that update their location on the page.

Secure zones are regions of the map where locations will not be shown. They allow the user to safeguard their home, place of work, grandma's house or any other region where they want to maintain some privacy.

More information on secure zones can be found here: https://spotwalla.com/help/devices.php#home
dlovett

Re: BB200 Spotwalla Location Page

Post by dlovett »

ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I'm in as CC. Looks like 4 so far. (That's a point, is there a start list yet or is it still too dynamic?)

It would nice if folk using this service made a small contribution to Spotwalla.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Good work Duncan :-bd

I'll add my details later on this evening.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Just to let you know you don't need a spot tracker to be part of this, if you have a Delorme device, an Android or iPhone you can take part too. There are a couple of FREE apps that work with it. Full details on their site. As ScotRoutes said you can make a donation to them via this page https://spotwalla.com/help/index.php#donate

Duncan
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

OK, I've joined. Name of "Bob".

Need to register my device but since it's at home and I'm at work it will have to wait until this evening.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

I've signed up too, as JS. Didn't get a "you've been successful" message after the final click so fingers crossed! Only 8 signed up though as yet it seems!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Look here and you should see your name and Edit/Remove in the "Actions" column
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Oh I see, I'm showing in the Active/Future Location Pages section on the home screen for the "BB2000" (I didn't sign up to do 2000!).
Last edited by Richard G on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Stu has lengthened your route Rich so we all have a chance of beating you!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

It's ok, I'm going to give you a headstart... mostly by virtue of wanting to watch you try and get up the first hill carrying your kitchen sink. :shock:
Ian

Post by Ian »

ScotRoutes wrote:Look here and you should see your name and Edit/Remove in the "Actions" column
That link doesn't work. :???: and I can't any of the edit/ remove options, or the actions column...
I joined (or maybe I haven't...), but like JS, it just took me back to the main page. I tried again, and got the same result. Maybe I'm on twice... :roll:

On the location page, it says 0 of 9 users, and if you click "BB200" and select users I get a box that says "Find and click a user. The map will pan and zoom in on the location.", only no users are displayed on the map.

Haven't got time to faff about with it, so if I'm on, great, if not, bugger it...

Edit: now found the Actions column via the front page. I appear to be on as Ian, but can't see who else has joined.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

It's not very intuitive, I've been going round in circles trying to find the "actions" column :| Colin's link just takes me to an "Invalid state" page.

This link https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=379 should let you add yourself to the list of those doing the event but I can't see anything in my profile or the event page that says I've joined.

The Spotwalla help says to go to the home page and click on the "Active/future location pages" bar. Find "Bear Bones 200" and there should be an "Add me" link. this then takes you to a page where you can select your device and the name that will appear on the map. I think that's all you can do.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Ian

Post by Ian »

That's where I'd got to, in a roundabout sort of way.
parkysouthlondon

Post by parkysouthlondon »

Hello Everyone.
I joined the SW page so now 10 users.
I tried my MTB out today on the way to work and am happy.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

It's really not a user friendly setup.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Not sure what happened to this, but it didn't end up showing the route apparently. Annoying.
Ian

Post by Ian »

It sort of works. I set up my own trip page, and uploaded the GPX to it, so you can see where i was on the route. If you click on the marker "Ian" (still in the middle of Hafren Forest, where the batteries of my Spot ran out :roll: ), you see a link at the bottom of the info pane that pops up that links to me trip page. The trip page is worth a look, as my spot thought I was in SE Russia at one point :o