Mid / North wales routes

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Al

Mid / North wales routes

Post by Al »

Hello, I'm fairly new to this forum business. Took part in my first WRT this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the best things was the wealth of local knowledge and quality trails it pointed me towards that are easily missed when you head out on your own.
I'm up in Wales visiting the in laws and have brought my bike in the hope of sneaking out for a couple of days riding. Not sure if I'm breaking any taboos asking this, but does anybody have a gpx or the grid refs from a previous WRT they would be willing to share? Thanks
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Mid / North wales routes

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Where abouts in Wales will you be? ... it's a fairly big place :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

Oreet AL, might you be the Alan who rode the WRT with Paul from Alpamayo by any chance?
Al

Post by Al »

That's me Tony - I'm an Alistair Al not an Alan Al though.

Stu my inlaws are in Oswestry. Done lots of riding round Llangollen and Ceriog valley. Loved what I found round day 2 of the trans Cambrian way and was going to head back vaguely that way if this didn't turn up anything but I'm pretty flexible really though.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just emailed you last years BB200 route, the top half might be of interest / help.
Al

Post by Al »

Nice one - thank you!
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

FlatlandAl wrote:That's me Tony - I'm an Alistair Al not an Alan Al though.
Lol, sorry about that AL :wink: pm me your email pal and i'll send you some pics of the WRT, with you in em Obviously, :-bd
Al

Post by Al »

Email sent, cheers Tony
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Apologies for hijacking thread but while we are on the subject ‘routes in Wales’ is there a route across Snowdonia Park from south to north?
Trying to get to Llandudno and can get as far north as Pennant using NT8 and recent BBT routes but after that cant see anything from usual online sources. B4518 Pandy Road appears to be heading right direction but it is a road and it stops short.
NT8 swings west to coast then north round ‘Peelyweely’ side of Snowdon which may be the easier route. Don’t want to go up WC2C route as would be coming back down a few days later, although time spent in reconnaissance is never wasted and it is mostly off road.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

FlatlandAl wrote:Email sent, cheers Tony
not to me AL, no Pm from you or email in my errrrm Email, Lol .... pm sent :wink:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Apologies for hijacking thread but while we are on the subject ‘routes in Wales’ is there a route across Snowdonia Park from south to north?
Trying to get to Llandudno and can get as far north as Pennant using NT8 and recent BBT routes but after that cant see anything from usual online sources. B4518 Pandy Road appears to be heading right direction but it is a road and it stops short.
NT8 swings west to coast then north round ‘Peelyweely’ side of Snowdon which may be the easier route. Don’t want to go up WC2C route as would be coming back down a few days later, although time spent in reconnaissance is never wasted and it is mostly off road.
Leave it with me, I'll email something over :-bd
Al

Post by Al »

Sorry that didn't make sense - What I meant is I had pm you my email address Tony.
Al

Post by Al »

No. I'm an idiot.
I was typing the in the address bar! You should have it now.