Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

anyone on a jones+

Post by ton »

would love to hear how anyone who has one gets on with it....cheers
Jurassic pusher

Re: anyone on a jones+

Post by Jurassic pusher »

Hi, Jones plus owner here, I can honestly say that I love it! If I had to ride the length of the country, on road or off road it would be my bike of choice.
It is supremely comfortable, I've done a number of 12 hour plus days on it.
It did however take a month or two to get totally "at home" with it, in the early days I did have 2nd thoughts once or twice as it is most definitely a big bike, and you cannot ride it conspicuously!
That said, if / when the Ti version becomes available I will be very tempted !
ton

Post by ton »

jurassic pusher, sounds like you have found your ideal bike.

just wondering if mated with a 2nd set of wheels for road based touring, if it would be my ideal 1 and only bike.
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Tony, Steve has a 'your size' Jones Plus Pal.
Fancy a trip back over this way? I'm sure he'd let you throw a leg over it and we could all ride out..
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

That's exactly what I have done, Velocity duallys fitted with 3" Chronicles, and a set of P35's for other / road tyres.
I've got 4 other bikes of varying ages in the shed but the Jones is my " go to " bike for sure.
jameso

Post by jameso »

I can see it being a fantastic big guy touring bike. I have the steel std Jones with truss fork for all sorts of touring, rate it very highly. Lack of guard mounts only drawback but Jeff recommends clips anyway. Only had a brief car park type ride on a plus but it's bigger in a good way, can see it needing more effort to hop and jump but that same difference making it great for a taller rider, long loaded rides, etc while still being more fun than anything that size would be expected to be.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I thought they only came in one size though?
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

benp1 wrote:I thought they only came in one size though?
No, they come in two IIRC 24"TT and 25"TT?
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Interesting question and answers.

I've only ridden a Jones+ briefly a couple of times on borrowed bikes and I have to say it's one of the few bikes that just felt right straight away. From my brief tests I'd happily ride one a long way for a long time, and possibly have it as my only bike. My Genesis fortitude Alfine (now with Jones bars) is another that felt just right from the first pedal stroke.

If I had the spare cash I'd buy a Jones + today, especially since they are changing the rear end to 142 boost, and I run hub gears at 135 oln.

As mentioned above it's a big bike, but to me, like the fortitude (which i ride in a 19" version) it feels like it fits around you (and I'm a shorty at 5' 6" with a 29" inside leg :mrgreen: ) and I'm a slow and steady riders not a thrasher...

One slight caveat on my musings, I've only ever ridden rigid (26" and 29er) mtbs and 700c rough stuff tourers since my first Dawes Ranger in the 80's, so I have no yardstick for bouncy bikes....
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...