North Berwyn Way route help please

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

North Berwyn Way route help please

Post by JohnClimber »

Anyone know how ridable, enjoyable and legal the North Berwyn Way is please?

Along this blue route line
http://www.mudandroutes.com/north-berwyn-way/

The section from Llangollen to Cynwyd :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Re: North Berwyn Way route help please

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Most of that is rideable John and quite pleasant in the main with decent tracks.

Some is 'cheeky' but I really don't think you'll have any problems. Illegal 4x4 and MX use have always been the main problem in the Berwyns, no one will raise an eye to a pushbike ... although you might want to tone yours down a bit :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Cheers to that.

I'll take Lawman this Friday evening to act as my bouncer/body guard to look after me, on route to Bearstock.
welshwhit

Post by welshwhit »

If my memory serves, you won't be the only tyre tracks up there. Also, unless you are sold on the detour north from near the edge of the Ceiriog forest, if you stick to the forest line, you should be on a track that will take you up the blunt ridge line towards Moel Fferna.

As Stuart says, some of it's a bit cheeky, and if you're being cheeky anyway, I think you'd find the route down from the spot height - 571 - down to the black dashed track more ridable :wink: . This track (black dashed) is pretty good, well, it was a year or so back. The route through the Ceiriog forest that links to the black dashed track is also mostly ridable, but has a large barrier of earth and gate etc to deter motocross bikes, lift the bikes over that and apart from a few rough section, this track was in fairly good nick a while back. I think this one is likely to be deeply rutted after the winters rain though, so the ridge is probably the better option.

hope thats of use

Drew