PSA: Gorilla Clips.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

PSA: Gorilla Clips.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I know there was some interest when I said I was testing a prototype 'Gorilla Clip' last year, so those who displayed an interest will be glad to know you can buy them ... but you'll need to be quick.

A batch has been air freighted in but they're in short supply. The container carrying the main shipment won't be here until May (which is when I'll get my stocks) but if you want some NOW, visit CycleMiles: http://www.cyclemiles.co.uk/shop/brompt ... ulY42SLSuV

When this lot have gone, they're gone.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Zippy

Re: PSA: Gorilla Clips.

Post by Zippy »

You need to get a 3D printer Stu :wink:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Can you fit normal bottle cages to these? Remove the cleats and use the nuts & bolts?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Can you fit normal bottle cages to these? Remove the cleats and use the nuts & bolts?
Thinking about it, you probably could ... I'll have a quick fiddle and let you know.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Cheers, I'll want a gorilla under the downtube but normal cages on the forks, of which I have plenty!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Standard cage will fit fine Nigel ... although if using the nuts / bolts supplied, you might need to shorten them a touch depending on what cage you're using.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Brill, cheers Stu. Thought the drilling looked about right but sods law said they might not be...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Thought the drilling looked about right but sods law said they might not be...
Yeah, centres of the holes are bang on, so you get to choose middle and top or middle and bottom :wink:
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Stu, I'm a bit slow off the mark here (only just spotted this thread) but was wondering what your thoughts are regarding the Gorilla Clip versus the Monkii Clip for convenience and security when mounted on fork legs? I'm currently pondering the two options which would be ultimately used on a pair of RS Blutos but may also be pressed into service on other forks of various shapes and profiles (which may involve a bit of bodging I know). I'd read elsewhere that Monkii Clips work very well on Blutos (in combination with Gorilla Cages) but looking at the Gorilla Clips I think they may be more versatile on a couple of pairs of carbon forks I have which have more of a round edged diamond cross section. Thanks.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'd go for the Gorilla clips, the fact they have 3 mounting points which tally with the cage is a big plus. I've found they work fine on pretty much any fork, even non-round type carbon affairs.
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

Ordered. :-bd
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I'd go for the Gorilla clips, the fact they have 3 mounting points which tally with the cage is a big plus. I've found they work fine on pretty much any fork, even non-round type carbon affairs.
Great, just the info I needed. Thank you. :-bd
Yorlin

Post by Yorlin »

What size/kind of drybag would fit in to a Gorilla cage? I did read the wee review that the nice Cyclemiles people link back to here with but it just says 'not 13l' :) I remember someone something about Lomo drybags for an anything cage...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What size/kind of drybag would fit in to a Gorilla cage? I did read the wee review that the nice Cyclemiles people link back to here with but it just says 'not 13l' :) I remember someone something about Lomo drybags for an anything cage...
Anything up to 8 litres really. You could go bigger but may run into issues of the bag catching the downtube when turning.

The 'black' Lomo bags are very tough and a nice cylindrical shape, so fit inside cages very well.

BTW - my stock of Gorilla Clips arrived on Fri, so will be in the shop in the next couple of days :-bd
Yorlin

Post by Yorlin »

Ah thanks! I guess I can hold on a couple of days :wink: