leg warmers

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

welshwhit

leg warmers

Post by welshwhit »

Hi all,

After many years faithful use, my outwet leg warmers have left me with rather nice red rings around my thighs after the BB200, only this year, and the last few long rides have been fine.

Whether it was just the extra long route last weekend, but I also ripped a massive hole in the calf somewhere in the bracken forest, can't be sure where exactly as I couldn't see over the top of the stuff!

I have tried the one on merino ones, but as I'm height efficient, they are long and the zips make them baggy.

Anyone care to recommend some that are comfy for long distances, without the thigh ring, and with no zips?

Thanks

Drew
Zippy

Re: leg warmers

Post by Zippy »

That's a bit personal preference, and I would say more to do with fit than anything else. And then sometimes it's the ability for them to slide down vs. leaving red rings. Also bear in mind it's partly to do with how warm/cold you are and the diameter of your leg changes accordingly (and maybe swelling etc. coz of maybe overuse in the case).

I've been known to put the legwarmer grippy bit over my shorts than under too when they've started to bite more than I would like.

So er - none of that eludes to a recommendation in terms of a brand/manufacturer though... Image oh well!
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

I like my Orca merinos...that said, when I was searching for another pair a few weeks back I wasn't able to find any online.

If you do find some, they're pretty good. 2.5 years and counting on mine so far.

Greetz

S.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

On One/Px have some waterproof ones that are knitted fabric and pretty good for the minimal cost. Matching arm warmers too.
brotherhuw

Post by brotherhuw »

I bought a pair of these a couple years back and rate them, http://galibier.cc/product/ardennnestleg/
Nice roadie style stuff but good kit, seemingly small company
Pete-G

Post by Pete-G »

Castelli's NanoFlex warmers are my choice, got arm and leg warmers and can't recommend them enough.
welshwhit

Post by welshwhit »

Cheers folks,

I'll have a look see at some of these, thanks.

Drew
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

I like the Lusso Max Repel stuff although I use the knee warmers. As mentioned trying them on is recommended.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I've got some Gore windstopper ones that are OK. IMO the fit is a bit on the slim side and the fabric is a little less stretchy than I ideally prefer.

Comfiest things I've found are Endura thermo knee warmers but they might not fit the bill.

Agree with Zippy about putting the elastic over your liners rather than direct on the skin if they're uncomfortable.
welshwhit

Post by welshwhit »

[quote="Zippy"

I've been known to put the legwarmer grippy bit over my shorts than under too when they've started to bite more than I would like.

[/quote]

I'll try this I reckon, makes sense really!

Drew