Which part of the world do you live, and do you like it?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Joshvegas

Re: Which part of the world do you live, and do you like it?

Post by Joshvegas »

Zerodark bivi.

rideable from st andrews.... tenstsmuir for flat forsest riding lots of bombholes and hardened dunes in the woods and a good stretch of sand for a blast. Plenth of interesting buildings and stuff overgrown and forgotten.

For hills... lucklawhill has various bits and pieces I like it but I grew up and regularly go there so i know how to string a route together.

I havent done much mountainbiking in fife i started after i left regret much?!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Joshvegas wrote:Zerodark bivi.

rideable from st andrews.... tenstsmuir for flat forsest riding lots of bombholes and hardened dunes in the woods and a good stretch of sand for a blast. Plenth of interesting buildings and stuff overgrown and forgotten.

For hills... lucklawhill has various bits and pieces I like it but I grew up and regularly go there so i know how to string a route together.

I havent done much mountainbiking in fife i started after i left regret much?!
FCP is good fun on a fat bike but there are a few sections that would a pain on a normal bike (Leven to Elie as the high tide route is totally overgrown so you've no choice but to hit the beach for eg). Plenty trails in the Lomond hills but a bit clayey / gloppy in wet weather (ace just now as frozen solid). Ochills my fav place - a fair bit of double track and Pitmedden forest in the eastern Ochills and lots of brutal climbs and ace descents in the western bit. Oh and tyndrum or Blair Atholl are only an hour up the road if you fancy some ultra racing :grin:
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

I'm a stones throw from Conwy, North Wales. 5 minutes bike ride from the beach, 30 minutes biking and I'm in them hills and just a 20 minute ride to ride and more importantly I'm 1 minute 16 seconds walk from my local boozer :-bd
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
ootini

Post by ootini »

I'm in Flintshire, North Wales. I'm kinda new to biking in general so being 10 minutes from the coastal cycle path is very handy, and I'm pretty much slap bang in the middle of some lovely country side. Still to really explore properly but I do plenty of walking in the country side and have already clocked a few decent bridle ways and trails for my new MTB.
danielgroves

Post by danielgroves »

Plymouth, quite literally a stones throw from Dartmoor. I think the west coast of Scotland is the only way I could improve my situation right now.
Adventures and Photography Blog: danielgroves.net/adventures-photography
Twitter: @danielsgroves
Instagram: @danielsgroves
Photography on Facebook: facebook.com/danielgrovesphotography
Photography on Instagram: @danielgrovesphotography
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Northwich, Cheshire.
Itself is a bit spank, but I'm 40mins from Wales, 90 mins from The Lakes, and 40 from the Peak, so not that bad.
Delamere is the local haunt.. Got a nice ride in from home..

But yeah, Cheshire is a bit spank if I'm honest..
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

Hi, I live in southwest Dorset, 1 mile from "Broadchurch" or West Bay as its really named.
Some lovely bridlepaths inland and some massive cliffs with trails up and over them, hence my forum name as I ride single speed quite often!
Cheers, Rob.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Live near Warwick, which has loads of road riding on quiet country lanes down towards the Cotswolds or Oxfordshire, and quite a lot of uninspiring off road riding. Not enough hills for my liking, and no pub within walking distance is a pain. Any decent riding is a 1 hour drive, so I tend to use the road bike a lot.
As off road stuff involves lots of road sections, my singlespeed is frustrating as it's too spiny on road or too hard off road, so it doesn't get as much use as I'd like. I would love to live amongst hills, either the Peak District or Lake District, but that might be years away!