Ford Fiesta Thank You Stu and Dee.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Slacker

Ford Fiesta Thank You Stu and Dee.

Post by Slacker »

Thanks Stu and Dee for for organising this wonderful event, for the tea toast and cakes and listening to our tales of woe We had a great time doing around 70 mile but didn't manage a night under the stars and had to suffer eating and drinking in the Blue Bell at Llangurig :lol: .
FLV

Re: Ford Fiesta Thank You Stu and Dee.

Post by FLV »

I'll second those thanks. Good event as ever.
Dave42w

Post by Dave42w »

I'd like to add my thanks too.

My first bikepacking event, my first wildcamping, my first night in a bivy (outside the back garden), my longest off road rides ever (by far) are among the highlights.

Thanks Stu and Dee for organising, welcoming, encouraging, feeding etc

I had a great time and will be back (definitely for the WRT).
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Another cracker! :-bd

I would never have slept in a sub station had I not attended. :roll:
flat_4

Post by flat_4 »

Yep, another great event!

Had a great weekend despite some dubious route plotting of my own doing (an hours hike a bike over somewhere bloody awful!), a stinking cold not helped by snow, hail, and did anyone else notice a stiff breeze...?

Met and rode with some great people (thanks for the company over a chunk of the weekend, Jack), enjoyed some lovely views, cursed at some hateful climbs and even felt my feet once or twice.

Thanks to Stu and Dee for the organisation, tea and cake as always! :-bd
crewlie

Post by crewlie »

Snow, wind, homicidal drunken Irishmen, rubbish route choices, dead foxes, wading through ice cold January fords... what was not to like?
Thanks for a truly memorable ( for all the right reasons) weekend.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Well, 76 brave souls ventured out and 76 slightly colder and wetter brave souls made it back ... which considering the forecast is nothing short of a miracle on both counts.

So, a big thank you to everyone who rose to the challange and made the pilgrimige to mid-Wales once more ... one day, they'll write books about this sh1t and you'll be able to say you were there :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
JackT

Post by JackT »

Another first timer on a bikepacking 'event'. Thanks all round, especially to Stu and Dee. Great concept and organisation, very friendly and supportive crowd.

All very memorable, especially the sensational bivvy in the grove of trees beneath Pumlumon Fach, thanks to whoever it was at the George Borrow for that bit of local knowledge.

Quite a few snaps but this one probably sums up the adventure and sociability of the ride. John, Matt and Adam demonstrating their mad skillz fording streams at night in a snowstorm.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Had a grand time over the weekend. Great company yet again, spot on hosts and good to see yet more new faces. Thanks to the nant syddion residents for a most enjoyable evening and to scattamah for plying me with jagermeister most of the day during the ride.....nice. Having gone to bed and then having to get up for a pee right through the night due to too much drink. That and John climber walking head first in to the ceiling joists at 3am, I can say I'm pretty spent now. Will post some pics in the week :lol:
paramart

Post by paramart »

slacker were you 1 of the 2 fellas we passed on the lane, 1 of you had a cough we had just been to the pub for a meal then it hailed it,s tits off,
nice food and was alot warmer than when we approached the bivvy
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
psling

Post by psling »

I do love that part of the World (whatever the weather) and your events encourage me to explore trails that I might normally overlook. Thanks once again Stu and Dee for another great event; who else could possibly have come up with the concept of crossing multiple fords in January :cool:
My legs ache.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Officially last man back at just after 6pm(?)...

Never have I seen such a wonderful plateful of cake and tasted such a gorgeous cup of tea...

Another fab BB event. Thank you Stu and Dee, as ever. You have managed to propagate a brilliant, friendly, diverse group of people with a (slightly) unusual interest, and I, for one, absolutely love being part of it.

So again, a massive thank you for that...

To quote Arnie, "I'll be back".

Si
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

JackT wrote:All very memorable, especially the sensational bivvy in the grove of trees beneath Pumlumon Fach, thanks to whoever it was at the George Borrow for that bit of local knowledge.
I think that would be Mike - up the bridleway, over the bog, past the trees, over the hill, through the wall . . . . . . :lol:

(I'm only jealous of his knowledge and the riding time he gets to work on it!)
Mart

Post by Mart »

Thanks Stu and Dee. The tea, toast and cake were most welcome after the battle against the wind

On the way back over by Glaslyn Loch did anyone else see the fox with its head stuck through the fence?
How weird was that? I did wonder if it had got stuck there by itself or had been put there
2924 miles per Gallon
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

paramart wrote:slacker were you 1 of the 2 fellas we passed on the lane, 1 of you had a cough we had just been to the pub for a meal then it hailed it,s tits off,
I think so yes , you were on the way to Nant Rhys Bothy ? How was it , Heard Nant Syddion was full to overflowing.
Pub had plenty of rooms :-bd and beer
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes there was defiantly a fox head in the gate. I assume its been chased down by dogs or someone as iv never seen that before and can't imagine for one moment it choose to put its head through. I tried to get it out but it was well and truly jammed in. If u need proof that it wasnt just your imagination going wild by then due to the wind cold n rain oh and miles of hills then I'm sure Jason has a great picture of it :lol:

Jack glad you had a good bivy in the trees hope it wasn't to windy though
Mart

Post by Mart »

Slacker wrote:
paramart wrote:slacker were you 1 of the 2 fellas we passed on the lane, 1 of you had a cough we had just been to the pub for a meal then it hailed it,s tits off,
I think so yes , you were on the way to Nant Rhys Bothy ? How was it , Heard Nant Syddion was full to overflowing.
Pub had plenty of rooms :-bd and beer
Yep Slacker that was us heading up the road. Nant Rhys was opccupied by a noisy drunken trio who had driven up, but other than that pretty empty compared to Nant Syddion
2924 miles per Gallon
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Thankyou stu&dee for a brillant event. My legs are strugglein at work :roll:
Trying to ride bikes.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Yup...another thanks to Stu 'n Dee from this end of the stick. Always a fun time out with the BB folks.

Cheers to Mike and AW for allowing me to drag my carcass along on their route as mine was considered lunacy. And Mike - yer welcome for the 'medicinal' drinks at altitude!

Taylor...I promise I won't kick your mat in the middle of the night next time around. And finally to Matt for going above and beyond the call of duty and depositing my wet arse back in civilisation...a big thanks there.

Greetz

S.
crewlie

Post by crewlie »

Mike

Post by Mike »

A few pics from the weekend, id forgot my camera so had to make do with my phone this time

The three of us rode together all weekend and i thoroughly enjoyed it!
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Thanks again for the organisation, had a cracking weekend. Lots of Type 1 and 2 fun. The wind was evil. Had 2 first timers with me and they both enjoyed it

We bailed out after 16 miles on the first day as we were behind schedule and tired thanks to the wind. Managed to find a good spot in the woods

We saw the fox too, I thought someone had put it there to be honest, was such a strange yet convenient place for it to be. Saying that, on Sunday we rescued a sheep that had done the same thing, why on earth do they put their heads through the fence?
gairym

Post by gairym »

Thanks both for another opportunity for me to show how not to do a bikepacking trip!

Despite failing to sleep outside I did manage two great days of riding (though I needn't have carried all my gear).

I didn't see the fox but I did see the friendliest robin in the world who pretty much ate from my hand and sat on my bike for ages with me less than an arms length away.

As always nice to see everyone and hopefully I'll be able to make it in October for the big 'un (Sudocrem pre-applied this time!).

Later, Gairy.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Never have I seen such a wonderful plateful of cake and tasted such a gorgeous cup of tea...
Not daft Si ... last man in = finishing all the cake off :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Post by Mike »

Right now I know that rule I'd best be last next year :-bd