Long Mynd Dawn till Dusk !!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Slacker

Long Mynd Dawn till Dusk !!

Post by Slacker »

If anyone is at a lose end this Sunday 21st and find themselves in the local, there is a little local ride over and around the Long Mynd . Starting at Dawn in Church Stretton, hot lunch half way round and back to Stretton for Dusk.
Been going on for a few years now, very low key one day ride. No check points no marshalls just a start a finish and hot food half way round. Entry is £5.00 to cover food really and a if you can manage a donation to a local charity that would be appreciated.
Full loop this time is 37 mile with 6700ft of climbing so should take a couple of hours :-bd
If this tickles your fancy and you want more info/ Gpx etc please ask and I will fill you in on the finer details.
Scattamah

Re: Long Mynd Dawn till Dusk !!

Post by Scattamah »

Pls check your PM for exp. of interest.

Greetz

S.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ah was going to come on this but im now heading to wales for a night in a bothy. Been contemplating this for a few yrs but never made it yet.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Hah! I didn't know if you were still doing that Welsh run...I was hedging my bets and looking at this for a 2nd option.

All good...have fun @ the bothy!

Greetz

S.
composite

Post by composite »

Scattamah wrote:Hah! I didn't know if you were still doing that Welsh run...I was hedging my bets and looking at this for a 2nd option.

All good...have fun @ the bothy!

Greetz

S.
Meant to message you to say get in touch with Mike. Obviously I won't be going cause I'm resting my knee.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

No worries. Hope that hinge of yours is on the mend.

Greetz

S.
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

Gpx sent Scattamah be good to see you , weather looking ok at moment so should be a good one.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Done the last couple of these and they're a great social day out. Can't make this year though, unfortunately. Have a good one for those who do make it :-bd
VeganGraham

Post by VeganGraham »

Could you send me the GPX please. I mentioned it to Mary as a possible tandem ride, but as it's slightly longer than Cross Mountain with more than twice the climbing, it looks like I'll be doing solo if I do it at all.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

PM me your email Graham and I will send it across.
The route is not written in stone and its easy to cut one or two bits out if needed.