Your favourite grid square?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Your favourite grid square?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Mine's SN 7889, it's probably where I've spent more nights than anywhere else. It's been the venue for 2 great battles over the last 1000 years and has seen its fair share of troubles, maybe that's why there's always a certain air of sadness to the place? It can feel bleak at anytime of year but it's the place I feel happiest and most at home ... maybe that says something :wink:

It was the venue for the very first Winter Bivvy and I believe the main track running through it ranks highly on many peoples 'I like riding there' lists.

May the bridges you burn light your way
jpw247

Re: Your favourite grid square?

Post by jpw247 »

For me it has to be Tryfan mountain at SH664594. Some of the best walking and scrambling to be had in North Wales and a great day out for anyone.Literally park the car and within 5 minutes you're at the bottom. Brilliant!
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

SO 2087. I can't count the hours spent riding those tracks. It was near enough to me that I could ride there, train for a few hours and get back before I bonked.

Greetz

S.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

I also have fond memories of SN7889, almost 40 years ago I went motorbike trail riding with my father and a friend of his. They were on a Triumph Adventurer and a Yamaha DT250, being 16 I was on a Honda SS50 moped. The river crossing there was too deep for the SS50 and it drowned out, we picked it up, turned it upside down and pumped the water out, it went first kick. That bike got me all over the trails around Mach and Ponterwyd and was the start of my love of off roading which ended up with me riding Enduros at a pretty high level. We also used to spend hours messing about in the pools by the footbridge when the kids were young.
Once I started mountainbiking, the section down past the ruin, through the stream, over the footbridge and across the bog back to the track was always a test of how well I was going if I could ride it non stop.
Happy days.
composite

Post by composite »

s8tannorm wrote:
Is this inside the little walled bit?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is this inside the little walled bit?
Yeah, Chew and Brothersmith were still in the land of nod :grin:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

SU1483

Both my kids were born there
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
slowupslowdown-under

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

SE9795

and

SH5446

both are a little piece of heaven where I can relax and think. Will probably end my days at one and be buried at the other
faddyvictor

Post by faddyvictor »

Not far away Stu SN 78 88 and SO 45 92