seat packs and cantilever brakes

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sniperkona

seat packs and cantilever brakes

Post by sniperkona »

Good evening all, hope you all had some good biking over the weekend,
I have a small problem, I purchased a apidura saddle pack but the cable that pulls the cantilever brakes together is in the way, I'm sure this is not the first time someone has attempted to fit any make of saddle pack to a CX bike. Any ideas what I can do. Thanyou
TheBrownDog

Re: seat packs and cantilever brakes

Post by TheBrownDog »

Evening. Ive used a few seat packs with different CX bikes and not had a problem as the rear brake cable would normally curve down past the seat post clamp area. You got some pix to share?
I'm just going outside ...
psling

Post by psling »

I'm guessing that you don't have enough seatpost exposed to mount the bag. Is it possible to trim back the strap that wraps around the seatpost without compromising the integrity of the mount?

As TBD says, pics would help.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
atk

Post by atk »

Ditch the canti for a mini-v?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Which size Apidura do you have? The larger of the 2 sizes is pretty big, you really do need a lot of exposed seatpost for it to fit, obviously the large size may also cause issues with clearance for other things ... like cables.
May the bridges you burn light your way
sniperkona

Post by sniperkona »

its the big bag, on the subject of v brakes, the bike is a 2011 tricross with tiagra levers, is there a pull ratio issue with this and v's? thanks
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

sniperkona wrote:its the big bag, on the subject of v brakes, the bike is a 2011 tricross with tiagra levers, is there a pull ratio issue with this and v's? thanks
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shi ... s-ec041351
These are the job, very very good especially for the price, the pull ratio should match up perfectly with your levers
sniperkona

Post by sniperkona »

Exchanged for the slightly smaller one / fits perfect