Anyone not use a mtb for bikepacking trips?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Zippy

Re: Anyone not use a mtb for bikepacking trips?

Post by Zippy »

s8tannorm wrote:
Looks like the MTB equivalent of a leaf spring!
It's obviously acting as a spring Zippy but I was more concerned about the size of the side cut-outs used to 'tune' the spring ... there's not much material round them.
Without knowing the actual material properties of it, I can't really comment on that. You'd hope for some proper maths/engineering and Quality Control on and item like that :lol: I'd also be fairly concerned here about different metals in potential contact with each other and the associated galvanic corrosion that can occur.

I think it's quite neat, but definitely agree you have to think twice about it and do go "eeeer" :lol:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

It makes me think of early 90s "innovation", didn't Merlin Metalworks do something like that but with a proper swingarm and a carbon tube? That or I daydreamed it during GCSE Tech lessons as a teenager..... :roll:
nobby

Post by nobby »

There's a chap in the current magazine of the Fell Club recently done the Wayfarer's Pass in the Winter on a Brompton.
"What doesn't kill us makes us stranger." - The Joker
slowupslowdown-under

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

Can see me using my tripster more and more where more distance / less tech down is involved