Luxe Mini peak

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rufus748

Luxe Mini peak

Post by rufus748 »

Luxe Mini peak, seems to get good reviews and from the posts on this site there appears to be several users. Mainly wanted as a one man but will also take two with comfort so avoids two tents/shelters.
Are the zips two way? (Top or bottom opening)
Condensation, seems to be the blight of my camping. Soaked both nights on the WRT using a Vango Helium 100. Ventilation is non existent. The Luxe seems to be well vented and again the reviews tend to support this.
How do you find yours?
Fed up with a wet bed. Your experiences/thoughts please.
Cheers.
rudedog

Re: Luxe Mini peak

Post by rudedog »

I've been using a vango helium for the last 3 years and condensation has never entered the inner tent - are you pitching it so the inner and fly aren't touching?
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

I've been happy with my Mini-Peak - not used it a lot but when I have it's kept me dry with no condensation apparent.
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

rudedog wrote:I've been using a vango helium for the last 3 years and condensation has never entered the inner tent - are you pitching it so the inner and fly aren't touching?
Yup, checked the pitching and adjusted as necessary. Inner was soaked and dripping onto the bag which was wet through. Fly was just as bad on the inside. Ventilation seems poor.
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

Only got mine the other day so can't comment on whether the ventilation actually works well in use, but when pitched correctly the vents do hold open nicely with the struts in place.

All zips are one way.
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try one, room fort two and a dog and ventilation, can't be bad :???:

Qw