Clun Green Man Festival

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sillybigfella

Clun Green Man Festival

Post by sillybigfella »

Just to let you know, Clun will be pretty busy this weekend. Worth a stop and mooch around the field. Should be plenty of local grub and good ale.

However, it will be crawling with crusty jugglers and human statues.....
I’ve been abart a bit
Nick

Re: Clun Green Man Festival

Post by Nick »

And there are two music festivals on in Bishops Castle.....
Blah

Post by Blah »

Do you take a lock for leaving bike at pub / shop etc? I'm erring on the side of taking one.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Don't normally carry a lock, might this year as we're heading for Bishops Castle on Saturday and it's going to be heaving with pissed people. We've normally managed to get the bikes hidden away, asking pub staff to let us put them around the back (which sometimes leads to an offer of a shed/yard/back garden to sleep in) but generally prefer pubs in villages to those in towns because it just feels safer.

In Bishops Castle I think the Six Bells down near the church away from the centre is probably the safest, I think you should be able to hide the bike around the back near the brewery, there is also a small back garden to the Three Tuns (really good beer) but I can't remember if you can get to it without going through the pub, they do have a yard around the side but again, can't remember if it's secure.