Hilleberg Kaitum 3GT tent, red, excellent condition

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

InspiredRamblings

Hilleberg Kaitum 3GT tent, red, excellent condition

Post by InspiredRamblings »

This is not exactly bikepacking gear but might appeal to someone as a bombproof, three person tent. I've had this tent for a few years but probably only used it for around 10 nights. I viewed it as a 'tent for life' when I bought it, and still do, so in many ways this is a reluctant sale. More information on the tent is available from Hilleberg, here.

Since I've got much more into lightweight bikepacking I have used the Kaitum very little over the last couple of years. I have a long, lightweight bike trip planned for this year and can't see myself using this tent much in the near future (purely due to its size). So I think it makes sense to sell it and use the money, rather than have it sit gathering dust.

Its a wonderful tent with heaps of space inside and in the large porch, with flexible pitching options, and its bombproof. I had a very windy night on a hill in Wales a couple of years ago. From inside the tent the wind sounded awful, but as soon as we popped outside to take a look it was clear that the tent is hardly moving. Have also used it on a three day kayaking trip in Scotland. The ability to get inside and unhook the inner to make a big shelter was really useful for the whole group. Very sturdy when pitched properly.

As far as I am aware it is in perfect condition, except for the pegs. The full complement is 22 but I only appear to have 20, so will include two extras (similar style but a different colour). Additionally, a few of the pegs are a little bent - not drastically, but definitely with some curve to them - from a particularly dry site the one night I used it last summer. If this bothers you I'm happy to buy a new set and send them with the tent. A full length footprint is included, which normally sells for £125, and which covers both porches as well as the tent inner.

Unfortunately I don't really have any close up photos but there are lots of good images on this site.

The cheapest I can find these online is £890. I'm looking for £700, including postage to you in the UK.

Any questions, please just ask.

Salsa Horsethief XT (2020)
Jamis Dragonslayer (2016)

http://www.uninspiredramblings.com
Zippy

Re: Hilleberg Kaitum 3GT tent, red, excellent condition

Post by Zippy »

That's nice. Can't really see me using one at the moment though.
InspiredRamblings

Re: Hilleberg Kaitum 3GT tent, red, excellent condition

Post by InspiredRamblings »

No-one wants to make an offer on this before I send it to the dreaded ebay....? :-/
Salsa Horsethief XT (2020)
Jamis Dragonslayer (2016)

http://www.uninspiredramblings.com