DD Hammocks

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Backcountrybiking

DD Hammocks

Post by Backcountrybiking »

Hi Folks
http://www.ddhammocks.com/
what you opinions on the stuff these guys do? useful for bikepacking, I've never Hammocked?

Andy
http://www.backcountrybiking.co.uk
UK distributor of Revelate designs gear, Alpacka rafts and Force ten tents and provider of bikepacking and packrafting skills training courses and adventures and Packraft hire
jpw247

Re: DD Hammocks

Post by jpw247 »

I used both the dd and the hennessy hammock. Both are great bits of kit. With the dd you have to buy a separate tarp and adds time during set up. How ever you then have a good tarp to use for a biv at another time. The Hennessy is vaguely exciting as set up is a breeze. It uses funky snakeskins for storage. Further to that the pack size is better too.
jpw247

Post by jpw247 »

jpw247 wrote:I used both the dd and the hennessy hammock. Both are great bits of kit. With the dd you have to buy a separate tarp and adds time during set up. How ever you then have a good tarp to use for a biv at another time. The Hennessy is vaguely exciting as set up is a breeze. It uses funky snakeskins for storage. Further to that the pack size is better too.
Forgot to add which ever you choose use a roll mat as well to insulate against a chilly wind on the back.
pushbikemike

Post by pushbikemike »

I had a couple of their hammocks. One for me and one for my daughter. Quite comfy but a little shorter and more narrow than others. The webbing adds bulk. I switched to ukhammocks woodsman hammocks. Lighter and I find them a little more comfy. Flatter lay. Also uk hammocks use whoopie slings. Much lighter than the webbing from dd. I did like the dd hammock 3m tarp. Bombproof. I bikepack with the woodsman hammocks.

Couple of others round here have more hammocking experience. It's a black art. I'm hooked. There is some nice titanium hardware if your that way inclined :wink: