WRT 2014

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

faddyvictor

Re: WRT 2014

Post by faddyvictor »

Nick wrote:Along with Wendy Houses, you can add rat infested sheds, rugby pitches, pub back gardens, boggy but comfortable forests, sheep sheds (Pole Bank, Long Mynd) and recreation fields, B&B's in Dolgellau & Llanrhaeadr and the White Lion in Mach :D

It's all good :)
And a carport on a welsh hill farm, if you don't ask you don't get, we were also supplied with tea and biscuits while we got dry kit sorted, well it had been raining for the last 24hrs, we even had the offer of a takeaway being brought back on their return from the pub and yes they did leave 3 soggy strangers alone at their remote hill farm while they went out for a pint. You can meet the nicest people in wales
jay91

Post by jay91 »

faddyvictor wrote:
Nick wrote:Along with Wendy Houses, you can add rat infested sheds, rugby pitches, pub back gardens, boggy but comfortable forests, sheep sheds (Pole Bank, Long Mynd) and recreation fields, B&B's in Dolgellau & Llanrhaeadr and the White Lion in Mach :D

It's all good :)
And a carport on a welsh hill farm, if you don't ask you don't get, we were also supplied with tea and biscuits while we got dry kit sorted, well it had been raining for the last 24hrs, we even had the offer of a takeaway being brought back on their return from the pub and yes they did leave 3 soggy strangers alone at their remote hill farm while they went out for a pint. You can meet the nicest people in wales
It's all good... :lol:
Trying to ride bikes.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just realised I have no idea where this even starts from!
SY19 7BH will get you somewhere near.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Entered.

The likelihood of me making it is .... er ..... a bit of an unknown quantity :oops:
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

I'm in - just hoping plans wont be scuppered this year and if you could get the sun to cone along again stu that would be just perfect :D
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Just had all my coursework deadlines and stuff given to me for this terms MSc. Welsh Ride Thing is a bit close to comfort to hand-in a rather major piece of coursework, so I'm out :(
composite

Post by composite »

So only really just realised I hadn't signed up for this yet. I guess it's an easy in for the May bivi. :grin:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just a quick reminder that entries close on April 1st this year, which is a month earlier than usual ... late entries will only be tolerated if accompanied with some kind of substantial bribe :wink:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Im in for the lite due to work commitments so if anyone else is planning the lite version once grids come out ill be looking to see if anyone wants to meet at a pub somewhere for food and beers on the night like last yr. May even get an offer of camping in the pub garden again :0)
faddyvictor

Post by faddyvictor »

Just entered so the frog and his bald mate will be there :grin:
psling

Post by psling »

I've signed up for my first WRT, Looking forwards to a dry weekend of sunshine and balmy evenings ;-)
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

Having intended to be in, I'm now oot. Completely forgot I only get one of the May bank holidays off work, and guess which one it's not...
rocklobstercat

Post by rocklobstercat »

Was going to give it a miss this year due to the cost of driving to Wales and back from Durham and also the lack of a GPS. After last year I know I need one. The wife is encouraging me to go and said she may treat me to a GPS! :grin:
Chew

Post by Chew »

cost of driving to Wales and back from Durham
Lift share?
You never know who may be comming from a similar area.
and also the lack of a GPS
You dont really need one and a few OS maps work just as well (you may/may not want to tell the misses though :wink: )
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Enterd last night hopefully tagging along with chew.
Trying to ride bikes.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You dont really need one and a few OS maps work just as well (you may/may not want to tell the misses though )
Lite or full fat can get by with only 2 Landrangers this year ... from somewhere like Above and Beyond that'll be less than a tenner.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Look out Wales I've just signed up my mate Bert! It'll be his first bikepacking, "proper" off road trip and he'll be on his new bike....wish him/me luck! :lol:
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

johnnystorm wrote:Look out Wales I've just signed up my mate Bert! It'll be his first bikepacking, "proper" off road trip and he'll be on his new bike....wish him/me luck! :lol:
I will be doing the lite with my mate Adam, his considerably fitter than me but not done much bikepacking. So I am hoping the extra stuff he packs will slow him down considerably :wink:
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

I also just got around to signing up. Excited!
Shalarim

Post by Shalarim »

Signed up, just got to persuade my friend with a tarp to sign up otherwise this could be interesting :D
Gari

Post by Gari »

Right that's me signed up, just hope I can get away. Driving all the way down there is more worrying than the ride itself :oops: :roll:
Been along time since I went further south than New Lanark.
RayKickButts

Post by RayKickButts »

Well thanks to a friend reminding me about this just got signed up in time.

Was meant to attend the January event but Broken Elbow and arm forced me to miss that .... so am very excited

If there's anyone Near Cardiff/Swansea area wants to get some miles in or a few practice nights out or even help planning routes give me a shout

I'm no racing snake and like to bimble/amble and take plenty of pics for my old age when i cant do this stuff any more, so if anyone wants to team up as well let me know
rocklobstercat

Post by rocklobstercat »

Signed up at the last minute. Thought it would be a shame to miss out. Travelling from Durham in the North East so would be great to lift share if possible. Cost me a fortune in petrol last year. :smile:
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

Stu,

had you had a PM off me? - I tried from my work PC but I'm not sure if it sent OK

Steve
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Me, Adman and George are in again :)
It'll be a first bivi run for George and I on new bikes (My KM and His 5 29er :) )
To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement :D