Anyone using a Topeak dropper post mount?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Al

Anyone using a Topeak dropper post mount?

Post by Al »

For the record they are fantastic - a big shout to Andy for the recommendation. I cut mine down a bit and use it with some old foam grip over it to give the bag strap more to wrap roun

Anyway, they come with 2 part rubber shims to fit different widths of dropper sanction. Mines a 27.2 dropper so I use the thickest shim, which I've now lost :roll:

Have any of you also bought one and don't need your thickest shim?
topeak-dp-mount-rear-support.jpg
topeak-dp-mount-rear-support.jpg (28.58 KiB) Viewed 226 times
dlovett

Re: Anyone using a Topeak dropper post mount?

Post by dlovett »

That first picture reminds me of the my first Winter event. The hill down into Dylife Star "sanded" through my drybag and brand new quilt as I "dropped" into a low profile position. I thought the burning smell was a fire somewhere nearby.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

dlovett wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:02 pm That first picture reminds me of the my first Winter event. The hill down into Dylife Star "sanded" through my drybag and brand new quilt as I "dropped" into a low profile position. I thought the burning smell was a fire somewhere nearby.
A Mudhugger is a good way to prevent this. Not as good as just making sure there's enough space at full drop/shock compression, but still.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

thenorthwind wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:15 pm
dlovett wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:02 pm That first picture reminds me of the my first Winter event. The hill down into Dylife Star "sanded" through my drybag and brand new quilt as I "dropped" into a low profile position. I thought the burning smell was a fire somewhere nearby.
A Mudhugger is a good way to prevent this. Not as good as just making sure there's enough space at full drop/shock compression, but still.
I had a flimsy plastic one that was also "sanded" through. The sad thing was I had checked and it there was enough room when I started, but I didn't take into account straps loosening and bag sausage sag after repacking it in the semi dark!

Still you learn from your mistakes and I've never made a mistake like that again.

The quilt was repaired by the manufacture and I had more down added at the same time in the foot area to keep my toes warm, which I was going to have done anyway. Years on and many uses later, you would never know it had ever been damaged.