Wanted - all in one waterproof seat pack

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Retiredtester

Wanted - all in one waterproof seat pack

Post by Retiredtester »

Afternoon all. I'm after a medium sized (9-11 litre) all-in-one waterproof seat pack, of the alpkit deluge/ortlieb/altura vortex type. I've got a couple of the harness/tapered dry bag type, but just fancy an all in one for Paris Brest Paris. Needs to be big enough for a regular neoair, small alpkit bivvy and a teeny 2 season down bag. And ideally with some elastic webbing on the top to hold a gilet etc. I'll probably go down the alpkit route, but just thought I'd ask here first 👍
faustus

Re: Wanted - all in one waterproof seat pack

Post by faustus »

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CCPDWSB/p ... addle-pack
Got an older version of this and it's pretty tough and well made, good price too and seems to be the right size...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Unless you have a Brooks saddle (or similar with non standard rails) I'd definitely just go for the Revelate Spine Lock. The stability, even when packed randomly with weight distribution all over, has to be experienced. It's just suchan amazing peice of kit and swallows kit in all shapes and sizes.

Also has attachment points to sit a proof jacket and a rear light. 11/10 from me and you'll only realise you needed it after using it :-bd
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Got an unused alpkit one( had some money left over from.cycle to work but bought a wildcat one in the 9 month wait ( co id) for the bike)
Will check size and model whe I get home but think it's 9 litres
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

180 quid shaf.... Does it also pedal your bike for you?!

Thanks for the podsacs offer Faustus - I've had some bad experiences with the saddle straps tearing off a couple of their smaller offerings, but I'll have a proper look at it in a bit.

And thanks Lazarus - defo interested.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

180 quid shaf.... Does it also pedal your bike for you?!

Only if you take magic mushrooms, maybe :lol: