E-bikes - Bad for your health

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Itchynuts

Re: E-bikes - Bad for your health

Post by Itchynuts »

by Cheeky Monkey » Thu May 18, 2023 9:20 pm
Phuk me i only posted it for a bit of light-hearted relief and look what's happened
Could have been much worse. You could have mentioned eBikes with Rohloff hubs and belt drives :shock:
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Perhaps a better title might be: “E-bike - bad for your wealth “ :grin: a reasonable specced model costs as much as my five bikes did together :shock:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

whitestone wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:17 am Perhaps a better title might be: “E-bike - bad for your wealth “
:lol:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

whitestone wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:17 am Perhaps a better title might be: “E-bike - bad for your wealth “ :grin: a reasonable specced model costs as much as my five bikes did together :shock:
I can confirm that this is in fact the case however my eeb cost around £750 more than my conventional (admittedly carbon framed) enduro bike and I feel that I got more for my money with the eeb than the high end conventional bike. Both are bloody brilliant in their own different ways though.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I must admit, a wee while ago I was eyeing up various motorcycles that were priced at the wrong end of 10 large and came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it; then my mate noted that a Santa Cruz heckler was roughly the same amount of dosh....
Some homebrewed cargo bike with a dodgy chinese motor and battery is obviously a far better bet. Oh wait a minute, best check the OP :grin:
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:42 pm I must admit, a wee while ago I was eyeing up various motorcycles that were priced at the wrong end of 10 large and came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it; then my mate noted that a Santa Cruz heckler was roughly the same amount of dosh....
Some homebrewed cargo bike with a dodgy chinese motor and battery is obviously a far better bet. Oh wait a minute, best check the OP :grin:
If you do it (the cargo bike) you need to blog the build so that we can all come along on the journey with you. I love the idea of doing it myself but I don't think I'd get the usage out of one tbh.