FS: Orange Alpine Five (29er) with full Hope Finishing Kit

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

drewbingham

FS: Orange Alpine Five (29er) with full Hope Finishing Kit

Post by drewbingham »

I'm reluctantly selling my Orange Alpine Five as it's just not getting ridden, and I'll be using my hardtail throughout winter so no need to keep it sat around in the garage. I'm looking for £1300. It's a hugely capable bit of kit, and can be immense fun, but 9 times out of 10 I'll grab my Stooge and it's not worth keeping for that 1 in 10 ride.

It's a custom paint finish by Orange themselves (completed just before my ownership) in metallic dark grey. It has a few chips and scratches, as to be expected with a used bike, but nothing of any particular note. The bike will probably want fresh grips as the ESI grips on currently have a tear on one side, and there's a scuff on the bars after hitting a tree.

It was bought as a frame only 18 months ago and I built it up using new and used black Hope parts throughout. I have been running it single speed while training for the single speed championships but have everything to put it back to 1x11 with the exception of a rear mech, which was pinched for my eldest's Orange Patriot.

Spec is:
- Orange Alpine Five frame in Medium
- Rockshox Pike fork (150mm) with MRP Ramp Control added
- Cane Creek DB Air (140mm) shcok with recent TF Tuned service
- Hope Hoops Enduro Wheelset (non-boost)
- Specialized Butcher Tyres (Onza Canis fitted on the rear currently)
- Huck Norris Inserts front and rear
- Limited Edition Hope M4 Stealth Brakeset with Sram Matchmaker mounts
- Hope Headset
- Hope Stem (50mm)
- Hope Carbon Handlebars (780mm)
- USE Carbon Seatpost (30.9)
- Hope Seatclamp
- Shimano BB
- Shimano XT Crankset
- Hope Gold Chainring (30t)
- XT 11sp Cassette (just a few miles old)

Let me know if I've forgotten anything, I'm based down in SW Devon but happy to box up and post. Happy to consider trades for something steel and simple but fairly set on selling. Photos are too big for upload but are all here: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/andrewbingha ... pine-Five/

Thanks, Drew.
drewbingham

Re: FS: Orange Alpine Five (29er) with full Hope Finishing Kit

Post by drewbingham »

Dropping the price to £1225 to forumites. Happy to consider trades for dirty steel things (Jones, Surly, Salsa, etc) but really should sell!