Bikepacking event in Spain

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Bikepacking event in Spain

Post by TheBrownDog »

Another organised bikepacking "adventure", this one being five days in Spain for £250. It's run by a friend-of-a-friend, Austin Vince, who has been leading off-road motorcycle tours in the region for years and is, apparently, an all round good bloke.

It's called The Bounce: Bikepacking Orienteering Unsupported Navigation Challenge Event. See what they did there? I think it looks pretty good.

https://www.thebouncebikepacking.com/
I'm just going outside ...
pistonbroke

Re: Bikepacking event in Spain

Post by pistonbroke »

This is just down the road from me, it has been postponed from 2020 for obvious reasons. The original event was being promoted by Pete McNeil of Adventure Pedlars but not sure if he's still involved, I contacted him recently but he was busy expanding his family. The spadework has already been done in as much as Austin's team gave been out nailing little metal plates with code numbers on to fence posts. The format is much like a Trailquest with points for each checkpoint visited. Funnily enough I was looking at his site yesterday, there's a motorbike event in the Catalan Pyrenees at the same time, this something he's done for several years. He is one of the group of ex teachers from Mill Hill London who rode around the world on DR350's inspiring the film and book Mondo Enduro.
Thread from 18 months ago viewtopic.php?t=18673
NJGibbs

Re: Bikepacking event in Spain

Post by NJGibbs »

This looks epic. Maybe next year!
Casually Casual!