Wanted: Hubba NX, Exilir or Hubba Hubba

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Teaman

Wanted: Hubba NX, Exilir or Hubba Hubba

Post by Teaman »

Hi
I'm after a small tent and ideally one made by MSR and hence the Hubba NX or Exilir 1 would fit the bill in being roomy enough for my 6'2" length and having reasonable head height. Would also consider the hubba hubba.

Anyone here got experience of bike packing with the Exilir 1 model? Significantly heavier at 2.1kg vs 1.3kg but cheaper than the hubba and possibly more durable? I won't be racing so ultralight is not an essential.
Thanks
Andy
Last edited by Teaman on Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boxelder

Re: Wanted: Hubba NX, Exilir or Hubba Hubba

Post by boxelder »

Not used one, but there's an Elixir 2 on eBay I noticed - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224819969612 ... Y4QAvD_BwE
Teaman

Post by Teaman »

Thanks but ideally looking for a non eBay purchase.
Just edited my ad to specify if it's an Exilir model it would need to be the 1 person one, as the 2 person would be too heavy. The hubba models are much lighter and hence I would consider the 2 person hubba hubba model.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

If you get a Hubba Hubba I've got a little used MSR groundsheet for it that enables it to set it outer first. £ 20 posted.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I really like my MSR Elixir 2. It's a bulky thing so not for bikepacking. Well, I've used it a few times but carried it in a backpack for a few miles to local spots. Anyway, the one person version is a very similar design and should be as easy easy to put up and as weather proof.
I'm just going outside ...
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

Hi Teaman, I've taken my MSR Elixir 1 bikepacking before. It is a quality tent but no lightweight at 1850g. I've just bought a Lunar Solo from this forum because of this. Depending on how I get on with the Solo, I may sell my Elixir. But it won't be for a few months I'm afraid.
Teaman

Post by Teaman »

Thanks Rob and you have PM
Bumpy Jonas

Post by Bumpy Jonas »

I sold my Elixir. Its a great bargain tent worth every penny I regret selling it but I have too many one man tents. Its more comfortable than the hubba and it pitches better. Its also durable. Dont be obsessed by the weight of your tent you can lighten up on other stuff or use the outer only. Cheers Peter
Teaman

Post by Teaman »

Bumpy Jonas wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:29 am I sold my Elixir. Its a great bargain tent worth every penny I regret selling it but I have too many one man tents. Its more comfortable than the hubba and it pitches better. Its also durable. Dont be obsessed by the weight of your tent you can lighten up on other stuff or use the outer only. Cheers Peter
Thanks Peter.
I was beginning to think along those lines of yours. Friend has a hubba hubba which I put up inside and I did wonder about durability. Also as you say, the Elixir 1 is bigger than the hubba NX.
As you say, I can lighten up on other stuff and I'm not racing but planning a 1 month trip to Spain in a couple of months.
I always remember the saying about how some folk spend serious money on reducing the weight of their bike and items at great cost whereas the cheapest and often best weight saving (and no doubt the most efficient for many) starts with reducing the waist line 😂
Andy