Which soft shell jacket

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

MM-on-POINT

Which soft shell jacket

Post by MM-on-POINT »

As in the title which softshell jacket, Im currently looking for a softshell jacket my first thought was the endura stealth but I'm open to option and suggestions it needs to be suitable for the broader shoulder guy and have good breathable rating not too warm as il layer up for that and finaly waterproof but not necessary downpour waterproof
Dan_K

Re: Which soft shell jacket

Post by Dan_K »

I ordered one of these as recommended on the stw forum. Only got size small left now though.
http://www.dare2b.com/buy/forthright-st ... ket-183172
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

@ dan.k that looks pretty vaguely exciting and at a great price, I always wanted to give dare2b gear ago shame they ain't got my size at that price otherwise it would in the post.
I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to pay top dollar for the rigght jacket especially at this time of year
Has any one trier the new gore tex soft shell fabric I think is called gore tex active?
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

Sorry gore tex new fabric is not a softshell my bad
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

MM-on-POINT wrote:@ dan.k that looks pretty vaguely exciting and at a great price, I always wanted to give dare2b gear ago shame they ain't got my size at that price otherwise it would in the post.
I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to pay top dollar for the rigght jacket especially at this time of year
Has any one trier the new gore tex soft shell fabric I think is called gore tex active?
Don't know how good it will be, but the price is pretty reasonable and it's got plenty of features. I'll let you know what it's like...
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

I have a North Face Puddle jacket, made of GORE Windstopper Active Shell. The back has TNF Apex panel to aid breathability, great jacket for all riding. Also use a Haglofs Lizard pullover, their own fabric, very breathable. The best soft shells I have used (for alpine climbing, british mountains) I rate Arc'teryx Epsilon SV fantastic hood and tough as hell, or Rab Vapour Rise, probably one of the greatest extreme weather garments I've ever used.
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

My Dare 2 B jacket arrived yesterday. Think it's worth what I paid but wouldn't pay full price on it. I'll give it a field test over the next few days and let you know how it performs.

I've seen a few people on STW are reselling because of ordering the wrong size so if you're interested, you may be lucky on there.
i ordered a medium and it is on the snug side but that could just be the winter lbs.... :lol:
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

After trying a few different brands on and then actually remembering why I was looking for a softshell, I decided on the gore tool jacket windstopper and I must say it is a excellent bit of kit.
caring for it is quite easy no need any grangers products so I don't have to leave it spotted with mud for weeks on end to avoid reproofing like my gore-tex shell jacket...
Thumbs up here :)