Favour required - someone in the EU

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Favour required - someone in the EU

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm after a favour ... I've spent 2 months waiting for something to come into stock on a German site. Finally had a notification email today but alas, when I went to place an order, i was told they no longer deal with the UK :cry:

Anyone in the EU fancy taking delivery of said item and forwarding it to me over in the land that time forgot?

Ta.
May the bridges you burn light your way
pistonbroke

Re: Favour required - someone in the EU

Post by pistonbroke »

What is it BIL currently staying, if it's small he can get it back to Newquay???
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Probably a bit big Duncan - it's a petrol tank cover, it's not a big tank but still probably too big really.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

He's paid for hold luggage, it may work, he flies back on the 21st. Can you send me a link to have a look? Otherwise we can bring it in the car at Christmas if there's no rush.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

stevenshand

Post by stevenshand »

A perfect example of why leaving the EU was such a brilliant idea. That tank doesn't even have a bottom, the petrol will pish out everywhere (assuming you find a way to get it in). Thank god we can control our imports and stop this sort of crap from being sold in Grate Brittin.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Ah, when you said petrol tank cover, I thought it could be packed around but that seems solid so too big to go in his bag. The offer of bringing it by car still stands, we're back between the 21st and 26th, in Stafford and Sheffield so could either meet or arrange shipping. I can PM you my Spanish address if you are keen.
Edit, didn't see the last photo, seems it is a skin, might be a goer for BiL to bring. :roll: :roll:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

pistonbroke wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:18 pm Ah, when you said petrol tank cover, I thought it could be packed around but that seems solid so too big to go in his bag. The offer of bringing it by car still stands, we're back between the 21st and 26th, in Stafford and Sheffield so could either meet or arrange shipping. I can PM you my Spanish address if you are keen.
Edit, didn't see the last photo, seems it is a skin, might be a goer for BiL to bring. :roll: :roll:
That'll look a bit mysterious if they scan the bag :shock:
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Good point Colin, maybe the car option is preferable after all.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Stu, as you know I'm not in the EU, but getting stuff from Germany is no fuss at all, also sending stuff to England has been hassle free although a bit slower than used to be. I guess there's not much of a difference shipping to Wales. Happy to help.

I might be a bit slow to respond, since I'm on a trip (in the quilt, facing snow covered mountains and the moon and stars when not staring at the screen).
gairym

Post by gairym »

Also happy to assist if for some reason the others don't work out. :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Thanks for the offers of assistance all - eventually I tracked down a complete tank of the correct size / shape that I can 'adjust' from a UK supplier.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

No problem Stu, glad you got sorted.
It did get me thinking that if anyone has a similar struggle with delivery to the UK in the next couple of weeks, I can help. Clearly I'm not talking about trying to save a fiver on postage but if it's a product that you simply cannot find locally or get delivered, I can receive it here in Spain and bring it when we drive to the UK for Christmas . We are in Stafford on the 21st and 22nd then Sheffield until Boxing Day. May suit someone Yorkshire or Peak District based, I don't really want to faff about repackaging and shipping stuff.