Sonder camino XL sizing

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikerbill

Sonder camino XL sizing

Post by fatbikerbill »

At 185 cm, 6'1" in old money would an XL camino be too big?

Size guide does say L is up to 6' 2" but thought I'd ask here what people are riding.
Jurassic

Re: Sonder camino XL sizing

Post by Jurassic »

I'm bang on 6' and I ride a Large Camino (V2 titanium), it feels perfect for me but I reckon I'd be okay on an XL as well (particularly for easier stuff where I wouldn't be concerned about standover height).
faustus

Post by faustus »

Well I'm 6'1 and a half, or 186.7cms and have an xl Camino. I prefer to err on the larger side for this kind of bike, and I find the fit good. Think you'd be OK with an xl, maybe keep the stem fairly short?
fatbikerbill

Post by fatbikerbill »

Cheers both.

Really not sure of intended use but probably more road than off road.
substandard

Post by substandard »

I’m 6’1 and have a large Camino v3 for commuting duties, again I could go bigger but it feels bang on
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I'm nowhere near your height but found the toe-overlap on a medium intolerable (probably a V2, that funky dull maroon / red / purply colour) so think I should have at least been on a large. Others did not find the lap so bad so just goes to show, bike sizes are probably just like saddles ;-)

A large PX Goldrush is perfect for me, a great riding bike and excellent value.
faustus

Post by faustus »

That's a factor in choosing to go a bit larger size for me, especially using larger tyres and mudguards - and I hate toe overlap. No hint of in issue with 47mm tyres and 58mm 'guards...
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

faustus wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:17 pm That's a factor in choosing to go a bit larger size for me, especially using larger tyres and mudguards - and I hate toe overlap. No hint of in issue with 47mm tyres and 58mm 'guards...
It was interesting when I asked about it in my case a while back. Some were of the mind you get used to it and others weren't. Personally I hated it and put it down to poor design, set-up or fit for me. Happily the GoldRush is almost toelap-free :-bd