Just checking in ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

godivatrailrider

Just checking in ...

Post by godivatrailrider »

Thought it was about time I checked in again. A fair bit has occurred in the world and my life a divorce and some poxy pandemic, a relocation from Coventry to Northampton and again from Northampton to the lush Ludlow.
Older and slightly slimmer, Shropshire hills have taken some getting used to. I f*ckin' love them. Even took the Jones singlespeed out yesterday and confirmed I'm not quite fit enough yet to actually enjoy Mortimer forest without gears. I got round but I don't think I enjoyed it.
Having fitted the lovely Travers carbon forks I 'won' at WRT '19 (or was it '18) to the Singular Rooster I have mostly been riding that. The gears help massively.
Looking at a short overnighter out of Clun and based on the Kerry Ridgeway, really I should do it from Ludlow and double the distance .... also working on a couple of routes heading out either to Kington , sort of the Mortimer trail, or Presteigne and do some of Hopton... there's so much good riding west of Ludlow.
I'm just sub standard at the finding a suitable bivvy spot, always think I'm gonna get mugged or a werewolf will have me.... I'm 54 ffs.
Anyway thought I'd say hi !
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Just checking in ...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Aye, some lovely stuff around Clun and that neck of the woods. Around Churchstoke is also worth investigating.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Captain Vimes

Re: Just checking in ...

Post by Captain Vimes »

Although I now live in Yorkshire, Shropshire is a beautiful county. Certainly better than Coventry! :grin: