Anyone ordered a Surly Pugsley/Moonlander?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

trickyname

Anyone ordered a Surly Pugsley/Moonlander?

Post by trickyname »

Earlier today i tried to order a Moonlander frameset, but they have all been pre-ordered! And all the Pugsley frames on this shipment! I had to order a full bike (Pugsley Black Ops)in the end as all the Moonlander full bikes have gone as well.... Not what i really wanted, but I didnt fancy waiting till March for the next batch to get to Ison Distribution, UK Surly supplier.
Theres going to be and explosion of Fatbikes in the UK this winter..

Also if you already own one, where do you ride yours?

:ugeek:
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Anyone ordered a Surly Pugsley/Moonlander?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I always wanted a Pugs right from the first time I saw one years ago ... however as time goes on my desire for one lessens, perhaps because there's more about.

The Moonlander is quite mental (which obviously makes it more desireable) but I'd be put off by the BIG warnings that the bike and in particular the Clown Shoe rims are only intended for sand and snow, when maximum flotation is more important than robustness ... I feel plenty of bent/dented rims coming on ;)

Nice bikes all the same ... enjoy.
May the bridges you burn light your way
trickyname

Post by trickyname »

I was thinking the same thing about the BIG rims. Rather expensive to replace...
My reasoning behind initially going for the Moonlander frameset was that it could take the Clownshoe rims but could fit the smaller ones as well. And of course when you're planning to ride in difficult terrain, clearance is everything.
I'm not too fussed about them all being pre-ordered as they are another 150 quid more! And the rims/tyres ect are also a wedge more money than the 'normal' tyres/rims. (Seems funny saying that 3.8" tyres are normal!)

As for where to ride one, I have just worked out that Denmark has over 400km of beaches! I feel a trip over there next spring coming on..... ;)

Pic of the Black Ops:
Ian

Post by Ian »

trickyname

Post by trickyname »

Thanks for the pic Ian.. thought I'd posted it but obviously not!
:)