North Wales bivi (open to suggestions)

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

MM-on-POINT

North Wales bivi (open to suggestions)

Post by MM-on-POINT »

Hi guys I have saturday 20th april peg for a overnight bivi, as I am new to this region I am just going to ride out of the door and head westward.
I intend to leave saturday about 8-9am, I am not mile munching as I have to be home dead early sunday so it will be a leisurerly ride.
place i might end up are hope mountain, Nant y Ffrith, Llandegla forest, Llangollen or the mountains inbetween those last two.

i am based 3miles from wrexham and 6 miles from chester just of the A483 in gresford in case any one would like to join in. if any one has a route they can suggest then please feel welcome to share.
summittoppler

Re: North Wales bivi (open to suggestions)

Post by summittoppler »

A bit of time on the iron horse eh?

Not the Wrexham area but how about deepest darkest Snowdonia, have a look at my post named ' a bit of me ' for a real north walian touch ;)
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
barney

Post by barney »

I'm North West based and the Clwyds is my normal bivy playground.

Unfortunately I might struggle to make the 20th but happy to do other dates, really need to get a few more overnighters in before WRT

let me know if you fancy getting (by the way I'm SLOW so please bear that in mind if you're expecting a whippet :oops: )

cheers
Wait for me...
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

@ summit toppler.
I would love to however I have to be back home dead early on the Sunday 10am latest :(
i will keep you in mind for my may bivi if that ok with you?

@barney
clwydian range sounds ok. only 16miles for mine on the road.
I can only do the 20th this month unfortunately, what did you have in mind if you was free?

thanks
Matt
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

I'm just up the road near Chester... Keen to head down to Wales. Can't do the 20th, but if trees another trip I could tag along on...
barney

Post by barney »

What time are you thinking of setting off on the 20th?

I'm in Chester Zoo during the day but if you fancy setting off in the evening then let me know.

I know a lot of nice routes round Loggerheads/Cilcain/Moel Famau and Moel Arthur (most with cafe/pub) stops

If I don't make the 20th do you fancy some other days?
Wait for me...
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

hi barney i could leave later to just get the bivi in but would need to make a beeline home first thing sunday.
where would you like to meet trail head, grid ref or .......?
I also have some decent lights if it get dark but i rather make camp way before then.
if we can leave the hill climbing to a minimum that would be great.
I do my hill climbing after breakfast :lol:

@ Teetosugars

yep i have a may bivi to do but we can work on dates for that together, there is a local shop flat tyres in chester that will be doing a social ride in may that i will be going on to find some spots and routes once i get the dates for that il post them on this thread so those that are free can get out for a sunday ride too.

In the mean time if any one interested in a may bivi could throw some available date and local north wales routes forward then we could try a marry them up. :D