Instaflator

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rudedog

Instaflator

Post by rudedog »

Anyone heard of these? Came across this on a post on backpacking light forum, they seem pretty handy for blow up airbeds (especially down ones where you don't want to introduce moisture from your breath) - they work on a principle called ' the bernoulli effect' .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJLVYfg88TE

There are only a few dollars in the US but don't seem to be readily available in the UK - could only find them from here, out of stock and a bit pricier :

http://www.survivaldepot.co.uk/THE_INST ... 94369.aspx

I think they could be made diy pretty easy if some suitable polythene tubing could be sourced.
ScotRoutes

Re: Instaflator

Post by ScotRoutes »

I've got something like that for blowing up my packraft. I plan to make a valve to connect it to my air mat.
d45yth

Post by d45yth »

I think some of the Exped mats come in a drybag that's used in similar way, the bag has a 'schnozzel' on it.
- The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

d45yth wrote:I think some of the Exped mats come in a drybag that's used in similar way, the bag has a 'schnozzel' on it.
My neoair came with a small stuff sack that I found painfully slow. I bought the 40 litre stuff sack thermarest make and it's a vast improvement. I wonder if blowing in it will work....
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I haven't seen the clip (blocked at work) but the UL Downmat I got came with a large (maybe 30l) stuff sace / inflation bag. Only takes two or three fills from the bag and it's up. Brilliant IMO 8-)
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

Cheeky Monkey wrote:I haven't seen the clip (blocked at work) but the UL Downmat I got came with a large (maybe 30l) stuff sace / inflation bag. Only takes two or three fills from the bag and it's up. Brilliant IMO 8-)
Unfortunately, the synmat UL doesn't come with one and the schnozzle pump bag seems a bit pricey at £20+ :(
Matt

Post by Matt »

I made a valve that allowed me to use my hunka as a big airbag to blow up my Neoair

I seem to remember universal, piss taking from certain corners of this forum :shock:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

rudedog wrote:
Cheeky Monkey wrote:I haven't seen the clip (blocked at work) but the UL Downmat I got came with a large (maybe 30l) stuff sace / inflation bag. Only takes two or three fills from the bag and it's up. Brilliant IMO 8-)
Unfortunately, the synmat UL doesn't come with one and the schnozzle pump bag seems a bit pricey at £20+ :(
All outdoor sell the thermarest one for about £15. It's a decent bag in its own right.