Flexible water bottles

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BreninBeener

Flexible water bottles

Post by BreninBeener »

Mrs B is off to do the Italy divide in April.

Due to space concerns she wants to use a collapsable plastic bottle in her stem cell.

Can anyone recommend something suitable for this?

thanks

Ian
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Flexible water bottles

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I use Platypus and Evernew 'foldable' bottles Ian - generally carry a 2L for overnight stops. Never had a leak or any other disaster. Only thing is, they're not really round, so I'm not sure quite how well they'd fit in a stem-cell. Saying that, they are flexible so could likely be manipulated :wink:

The 1L versions do fit in a jersey pocket very nicely though.
May the bridges you burn light your way
BreninBeener

Post by BreninBeener »

fab, thanks. I will tale a look at those.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ultralight outdoor gear have loads Ian ... probably got some that would fit the stem-cell better. Perhaps look at the OMM ones.
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

I've got a 500 ml platypus what I keep in my jersey pocket , it'll fit in a stem cell easy enough but prefer to keep a 1l sports type bottle in there ,I normally use the platypus so I've got water for a brew and my porridge the next morning , Al had a 1l naglene collapsible on the winter event which looked ideal
psling

Post by psling »

I have one (600ml I think) that was a freebie from Morvelo but use it in a jersey pocket.
I may be being a bit dim here but, if it is going in a stem cell why does it need to be collapsible?
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
BreninBeener

Post by BreninBeener »

the collapsable thing allows you to fit stuff around it when its part full, consumables like food items. Ruth also likes the ability to squash them down and store elsewhere if they are empty and carry other stuff in stemcell.
psling

Post by psling »

BreninBeener wrote:the collapsable thing allows you to fit stuff around it when its part full, consumables like food items. Ruth also likes the ability to squash them down and store elsewhere if they are empty and carry other stuff in stemcell.
Makes sense. Mine tends to get used as a back up so is squished up somewhere until I need it / after I've emptied it.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Al

Post by Al »

I got the nalgene one as it has a wide neck and I can get the steripen in it. Makes it a bit annoying to cram in a full frame bag though.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EZSKVWK/ ... ACbYPMM7F6
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I use the camelbak ones. Pretty good!
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Platypus hosehold here too.

Longest lasting bladder I've ever used (also used source and camelbak), don't have any plastic taste (not including the hose) take boiling water (I pour boiling water, let them est 'till it's cooled down a bit, let them dry and ready they are for storage 'till the next trip), take ages to get foul when not taken care of and have fool proof caps.

The coloured bladders can be quite handy if in use with different liquids too.