Carousel Designs Works

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

didnothingfatal

Carousel Designs Works

Post by didnothingfatal »

Anybody had any joy getting gear from Carousel Designs Works? Nothing seems to be in stock and they can give no dates? Hold out for availabilty or go elsewhere?
Matt

Re: Carousel Designs Works

Post by Matt »

I've been promised a revolutionary new seat bag system for the BB200 from wildcat ;)

Go local
valleydaddy

Post by valleydaddy »

OOOOooooooo we look forward to seeing that then Matt :D
didnothingfatal

I have a Revelate seatbag ;) And nobody else makes a handlebar system like Carousel's
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Isn't the 'Double Twist' along the same lines?

http://www.bikepack.pl/en/
May the bridges you burn light your way
didnothingfatal

You star :) That's perfect! Guess a Revelate Sling will be for sale soon ;) Anybody ordered from them yet?
valleydaddy

Post by valleydaddy »

got a saddlebag from Pawel it is great and he communicates superfast, I will bring my gear to BB200 if anyone wants a look
Ian

Post by Ian »

I didn't think you liked having anything on your handlebars?
didnothingfatal

I'm not a fan of stuff on bars, but sometimes needs must and winter is coming and I'm taking a few months off work to go play ;)
Ian

Post by Ian »

Out of interest DNF, what are your selection criteria for wanting a bag like the CDW or polish version, rather than a harness of a type like Revelate or Wildcat?
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Another positive experience with Pawel here. Not used in anger yet due to all sorts of BS excuses. Great communications and good looking gear though.

Got the large Double Twist and large Seat Bag. Although the bag looks similar to a Revelate (from pics, I didn't buy one thanks to the Polish equivalent) it does seem to have some subtle differences. I suspect there's only so many variations on a theme for doing "big" seat bags anyway.

Was in two minds about the double twist but decide to get one and see. Dummy run in the garage seems fine for different sizes and shapes of load. Might have gone for the regular size as it seems quite big on 710mm bars, though maybe that's also because I'm not so used to lashing stuff to them :?

A harness and choice of stuff sacs might have been a bit more versatile but, as it rolls form the ends and has compression straps I doubt it's a significant advantage, to me, in the long run.
didnothingfatal

I have the Revelate Strap Harness, it holds a drybag fine, but getting a decent shaped drybag well stuffed and loaded is a pain, alpkit too wide, Lomo is heavy material and I see definite advantages to the ability to roll from both ends. The harness is also limited to the minimum size bag it can hold, such as it can't carry a laser comp alone.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for that.
didnothingfatal

Another reason is I reckon 10l is about the max I would ever want on the bars.
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

I have the Revelate Strap Harness, it holds a drybag fine, but getting a decent shaped drybag well stuffed and loaded is a pain, alpkit too wide, Lomo is heavy material and I see definite advantages to the ability to roll from both ends. The harness is also limited to the minimum size bag it can hold, such as it can't carry a laser comp alone.
I use the Revelate Harness and have one of the long narrow dry bags (can't see them on his website - maybe not doing them anymore?) he produces, although I have used another stuff (alpkit) sack on occasion to contain a tent ("burn him!")....

Both seem to work well and the Alpkit sack means I can stuff the tent to a shorter but fatter setup (might work for your Laser Comp) and get around the minimum (wow - are laser comps that small when packed!).
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
didnothingfatal

The double twist showed up a few weeks ago, excellent product for the money. Would happily recommend their service.